Has Anyone Ever Had Their Port Flip????

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had chemo on the 15th of Jan and they accessed my port with out a problem I went to get fluids on Thursday and they could not access my port. Chemo nurse said it must be flipped and I have to contact my surgeon to get it straightened out. Not sure what it will involve but hope it is not another surgery. I know I will have to have an xray done I already got that paperwork from the surgeon.

Donna

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Sending positive thoughts and gentle hugs your way
    Donna,

I didn't have a port myself, but I know I've read at least a couple of posts here from women who had this happen to them, so I'm sure someone will be able to answer you soon.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that problem after problem keeps happening to you....Chemo is certainly never an easy breezy ride for anyone, but my goodness -- you seem to have had more than your share of complications. I'm sending a gentle cyber hug your way, and hoping that things go easier for you soon.

Traci
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    TraciInLA said:

Sending positive thoughts and gentle hugs your way
    Donna,

I didn't have a port myself, but I know I've read at least a couple of posts here from women who had this happen to them, so I'm sure someone will be able to answer you soon.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that problem after problem keeps happening to you....Chemo is certainly never an easy breezy ride for anyone, but my goodness -- you seem to have had more than your share of complications. I'm sending a gentle cyber hug your way, and hoping that things go easier for you soon.

Traci

Thanks for the cyber hug.
    Traci,

If FL wasn't so far from LA I would slap that woman for you, too.

Donna
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

Thanks for the cyber hug.
    Traci,

If FL wasn't so far from LA I would slap that woman for you, too.

Donna

Hey Donna, I have seen
    Hey Donna, I have seen women at my cancer actually flip their ports themselves!!! eweeeeee hehe I worried about mine flipping for a long time -- its been in there since April 09 and no fliping on me :)

let is know :)
  • lola_j
    lola_j Member Posts: 4
    port flip
    could be sutures didnt secure it well enough. Be careful flipping your own. be sure to report that may become kinked or come apart inside.