Pain where lump used to be

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just finished chemo and the lump is gone under my right arm, but I sometimes feel the pain like when it was there. It comes and goes but makes me worried that something is still there. I can't feel the lump at all anymore and thats encouraging. But feeling the same throbbing pain at times scares me. Has anyone else had this feeling?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Laurissa,
    I am sorry. While I also had lump under my arm, which I found myself, my situation was different because I had surgery first and then Chemo, I think you should talk to your oncologist and report your pain. Do not be scary, it will be surgically removed soon.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    How unnerving!
    Laurissa, I can imagine your fear about feeling that same kind of pain there even though you can't feel the lump anymore. What did your oncologist say the chemo would do to the tumor? Are you going to be having surgery next?

Hugs, Sandy
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Hi Laurissa,
    I had a

Hi Laurissa,
    I had a lumpectomy in May and lymphnodes removed in June, but I stil feel pain in both areas. I have asked both my medical oncoligist and my radiation oncologist about it. They both told me that it is normal and it can take a year for it to heal. Sometimes there can be fluid build up in the area and if there is alot they can extract it.
    Please talk to your doctor about it. I hope that you are feeling better!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    elm3544 said:

Hi Laurissa,
    I had a

Hi Laurissa,
    I had a lumpectomy in May and lymphnodes removed in June, but I stil feel pain in both areas. I have asked both my medical oncoligist and my radiation oncologist about it. They both told me that it is normal and it can take a year for it to heal. Sometimes there can be fluid build up in the area and if there is alot they can extract it.

Sorry to hear you're still
    Sorry to hear you're still having pain but glad to hear the lump has been reduced. I think you should call your onc and ask whats causing the pain. It may be a normal reaction and will go away on its own. Hope you feel better soon.
  • hamish1
    hamish1 Member Posts: 34
    elm3544 said:

Hi Laurissa,
    I had a

Hi Laurissa,

I get sared too
    Laurissa, I get sared too when I thnk of that lump I found under my arm before the tumor was discoverd in my breast. When I had the lumpectomy they reomed the tiny malignant tumor from my breast and 11 lymph nodes. Only the one lymph node I had found was malignant. I still get very scared when I look at my breast and feel it. It feels hard and the nipple is inverted (wasn't before the surgery.) The surgeon and Oncologist tell me it's okay. Scar tissue. So I am just trusting them to watch out for me. God Bless!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Sunrae said:

Sorry to hear you're still
    Sorry to hear you're still having pain but glad to hear the lump has been reduced. I think you should call your onc and ask whats causing the pain. It may be a normal reaction and will go away on its own. Hope you feel better soon.

So sorry that you still have
    So sorry that you still have pain. You should talk to your oncologist about it. Hoping it goes away.

Megan