Liquid hope... First chemo

Options
aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got back from my first chemo treatment. It took from 9.30 till 4 pm.... WOW.
Taxo, Carbo and Herceptin, took longer than I thought, I did not go back to work.
But instead I had something to eat with my friend. She insisted since I hadn't eaten
all day.

I was so terrified at first but then I did what I do when I get nervous. I chatted with
everyone and everybody and surprisingly they chatted back and I even made a friend ;)

All the time I looked at the bag, the fluid dripping in me and picture it was hope,
this visualization really helped me. And when I felt the burn and the surge in my
body, I smiled and thought let the battle begin.

Ayse

Comments

• Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    1 down
    Ayse,

So happy you have your 1st treatment behind you & you have a new friend. Keep fighting that battle "Ayse Warrior Princess" & chemo will soon be a part of your past!!!

Huge hugs,
    Tina
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tinabug said:

1 down
    Ayse,

So happy you have your 1st treatment behind you & you have a new friend. Keep fighting that battle "Ayse Warrior Princess" & chemo will soon be a part of your past!!!

Huge hugs,
    Tina

Congrats on getting the
    Congrats on getting the first chemo done! I hope they all go smoothly for you!

HUGS
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Tinabug said:

1 down
    Ayse,

Huge hugs,
    Tina

We have the same cocktail
    Tina,

I just realized with the exception of herceptin, you will be on the same drugs.
    Let keep in touch and compare.

Thank you for your lovely word. Warrior princess, I liked it and came up with
    a battle cry " Have Fury". How do you like it?

Ayse