case management FYI

Saltylibrarian
Saltylibrarian Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am very new here and newly diagnosed as well. I have already received a lot of support and info on this site. Thank you Thank you!

Through the hospital where I am receiving treatment, it was suggested that I get set up with a case manager through my insurance company. I took that suggestion and she (a nurse) has been of great assistance to me. She has lots of ideas and information at her disposal.

This is not something I would have come up with on my own so I thought I would share it in case others would find it helpful.

I really did. The morning that I was told my chemo was delayed by my health insurance, she was a wealth of support and information. I was pretty close to losing my mind and my Dr. was out of town.

Comments

• marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Processing all the
    Processing all the information can be so overwhelming. We are stronger than we think and hope to be able to help you on your journey. It is nice to hear a good comment about insurance. Sometimes I just feel like a statistic and that noone cares what we are going through. Take care of yourself. You are doing the right thing in finding out all you can to find out which treatment is best for you. Marilyn
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Processing all the
    Processing all the information can be so overwhelming. We are stronger than we think and hope to be able to help you on your journey. It is nice to hear a good comment about insurance. Sometimes I just feel like a statistic and that noone cares what we are going through. Take care of yourself. You are doing the right thing in finding out all you can to find out which treatment is best for you. Marilyn

Insurance nurse
    I have a nurse from my insurance company call me once a month to see how I am doing and I have a direct phone number if I have any questions before she is scheduled to call. When I was having the tissue expanders taken out and the implants put in she called me once a week. I am so glad that there is someone to talk to sometimes other than family.

I love all my friends on this site--almost like talking on the phone sometimes.

Hugs to all,
    Margo