question about icon

Minuz
Minuz Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Since I'm new at this site and still learning can anyone tell me what the little icon is next to people's names on the main discussion site. It looks like a little head and shoulders of a person. I see it says something about adding to friends???? I'm sure some of you are laughing. I'm not very computer savvy, but I will learn after all it only took me 18 months to finally write on this site and I've learned how to post and reply. lol

minuz

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Don't worry
    You're not the first one to wonder, or to ask about it! I learned about it from someone else asking a while ago.

If you click on the icon, you can add that person as a friend, which just allows you to send a Private Message (PM) more easily. Plus, who can't use another friend?

I just clicked on you to add you as a friend, so you should see a message at the top telling you about that then next time you log in.

Welcome to the boards, and don't be afraid to ask anything! We're here to help each other.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Minuz, I am laughing, but
    Minuz, I am laughing, but not because you asked because I never even noticed it until someone asked a while ago. Even when they posted the question, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were talking about. I then posted back and notified everyone of that fact. My next step was to put on my "reading" glasses and there it was. LOL!! Take care.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MyTurnNow said:

Minuz, I am laughing, but
    Minuz, I am laughing, but not because you asked because I never even noticed it until someone asked a while ago. Even when they posted the question, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were talking about. I then posted back and notified everyone of that fact. My next step was to put on my "reading" glasses and there it was. LOL!! Take care.

I had to ask too. LOL They
    I had to ask too. LOL They ought to have an information page to tell us how to navigate and figure out how to do everything on the site. LOL

Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Angie2U said:

I had to ask too. LOL They
    I had to ask too. LOL They ought to have an information page to tell us how to navigate and figure out how to do everything on the site. LOL

Angie

Looks like you got it
    Looks like you got it explained to you. It helps if you want to send a private message to someone, but, that is all that I can tell it does. But, friends are always nice to have!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣