Arimidex--AGAIN (Question)

lanie940
lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, for you ladies taking Arimidex. What time of day do you feel worked out best for you? My Medical Oncologist AND mt Oncology surgeon who I saw today want me to start it. So, I'm thinking starting this evening, Which time of the day seemed to work better for you?

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Lanie, I'll be interested to
    Lanie, I'll be interested to read the replies to this question. I have my appointment tomorrow with my oncologist to get a 30-day supply of Arimidex and start my 5 year treck.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I take mine in the morning
    I take mine in the morning but that is because I have several other meds I take then. I don't have any side effects that I am aware of. Hopefully others will be chiming in with the time and why. I hope that you also have minimal or no side effects. And I have been on arimidex since April 2009.
    Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    MyTurnNow said:

Lanie, I'll be interested to
    Lanie, I'll be interested to read the replies to this question. I have my appointment tomorrow with my oncologist to get a 30-day supply of Arimidex and start my 5 year treck.

after reading the test results with arimidex...
    I'm really hoping I can tolerate it. Sounds like an amazing "booster" in keeping this beast at bay! If the chemo and radiation can reduce your chances by 50% and the arimidex adds another 30% I'M IN!!!!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    armidex
    I take mine in the morning.I read on a post on this sight that taking it at night interfeers with your sleep sometimes.I have only taken it for a week.I am also hoping that I can take it.Pat.
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    morning
    i take it in the morning. i have not had any side effects on it
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I took mine in the morning!
    I took mine in the morning! I had no bad side effects I can think of...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    chenheart said:

I took mine in the morning!
    I took mine in the morning! I had no bad side effects I can think of...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I take it at 5 p.m. and the
    I take it at 5 p.m. and the only side effect I noticed at the beginning was hot flashes. They've diminished greatly and are almost un-noticeable now, probably haven't had one in 3 or 4 days. My oncologist did say that if I was bothered by side effects, to try taking it in the morning or at bedtime, that some people get relief this way.
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    tigger99 said:

I take it at 5 p.m. and the
    I take it at 5 p.m. and the only side effect I noticed at the beginning was hot flashes. They've diminished greatly and are almost un-noticeable now, probably haven't had one in 3 or 4 days. My oncologist did say that if I was bothered by side effects, to try taking it in the morning or at bedtime, that some people get relief this way.

I took it for the first time
    I took it for the first time last night, no problems, slept like a baby. BUT, I'm not taking naps like I used to. When I was getting RADs, and the other stuff going on with me I slept alot in the day, now i don't, so I'm tired at night. I'm feeling pretty good now, and don't want the Arimidex to bollux things up for me!
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    I recommend taking it at a
    I recommend taking it at a time you will remember. I take a sleeping pill at night, so I take mine then.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I had my appointment with my
    I had my appointment with my onco yesterday and we discussed Arimidex and Tamoxifin (sp) and decided that based on my stats Arimidex is the one I will go on. I asked her if there was a "better" time of the day to take it and her reply was "anytime, as long as you remember to take it". So, wish me no side effects, and I will start on Monday.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    good luck with the Arimidex!
    I take mine in the morning, and for 18 months never had major problems with side effects. Hot flashes was about it. When I went off the pills for two weeks after my first reconstruction surgery, the bone and joint ache surfaced. Never anything bad enough to want to quit taking them. I think you take it at a time you know you will remember!
    Hope all goes well with you
    Cat