Done today

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After much upheaval , I decided to finish my chemo all of it So I am done. 4 ac's and 12 taxols. Let the hair grow back!!!!!!! and hopefully the neuropathy will subside. Mamamg you are next i think with Rague. Thanks to all. now two day surgeries and radiation!!!!!! but first a little rest and recovery

Comments

• carkris
    P.s I got app;ause and a
    P.s I got app;ause and a willow angel from my nurse for Courage!!!!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    carkris said:

P.s I got app;ause and a
    P.s I got app;ause and a willow angel from my nurse for Courage!!!!

You ARE courageous!
    Congrats! Applause and approval is well deserved.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    jbug said:

You ARE courageous!
    Congrats! Applause and approval is well deserved.

♥ Celebrate Carkris - So happy for you ♥

♪CONGRATS Carkris ON FINISHING CHEMO!♪

♥ Love, Jeanne ♥

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Celebrate Carkris - So happy for you ♥

♪CONGRATS Carkris ON FINISHING CHEMO!♪

♥ Love, Jeanne ♥

☻ Clapping for you!
    Congratulations Carkris at finishing chemo!

Kristin ♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations, Carkris. 16 rounds of chemo 100% completed is awesome, something not only to be proud of but to take comfort in. The worst is over, despite the coming surgery and rads.

Wishing you a relaxing and enjoyable break, with plenty of rest and quickly-appearing hair!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Congratulations!
    Congratulations, Carkris. 16 rounds of chemo 100% completed is awesome, something not only to be proud of but to take comfort in. The worst is over, despite the coming surgery and rads.

Wishing you a relaxing and enjoyable break, with plenty of rest and quickly-appearing hair!

Congrats Carkris!
    Hugs,

Congrats Carkris!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Carkris
    Yay! Congrats on finishing Chemo! Whew! That part is finally over!! It's been 3 months since I finished and I have finally passed the stubble stage on re-growth. It doesn't take long.
    You'll be feeling better before ya know it. Rest up & relax now. Keep us posted on your surgery.
    Take Gentle Care of Yourself
    Cathy
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Cat64 said:

Carkris
    Yay! Congrats on finishing Chemo! Whew! That part is finally over!! It's been 3 months since I finished and I have finally passed the stubble stage on re-growth. It doesn't take long.
    You'll be feeling better before ya know it. Rest up & relax now. Keep us posted on your surgery.
    Take Gentle Care of Yourself
    Cathy

Congratulations Carkis on
    Congratulations Carkis on finishing your chemo. That is a real achievement. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the hair starts to grow right now. Hugs. Judy
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Congratulations Carkis on
    Congratulations Carkis on finishing your chemo. That is a real achievement. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the hair starts to grow right now. Hugs. Judy

Thank you for remembering me.
    Yeah, I think I'm next. 2 more weeks of Taxol and done! Yesterday's taxol went very well. As a matter of fact I had pulled my back and the steroids they gave me before the taxol took care of that! I was walking normal in class today. I actually had a little discussion about it with my 5th graders and used it as an example of how a "drug" can be used in a good way, but some athletes use it in a bad way.

Can't wait to be done!!! Just found out that I'll get a 3 week break before radiation.
    YES!!! and my hair is coming back so nice and soft. I call it "cotton candy".
    my song in the shower:
    "Hello shampoo my old friend, I've come to use you once again..."
  • carkris
    Mama G said:

Thank you for remembering me.
    Yeah, I think I'm next. 2 more weeks of Taxol and done! Yesterday's taxol went very well. As a matter of fact I had pulled my back and the steroids they gave me before the taxol took care of that! I was walking normal in class today. I actually had a little discussion about it with my 5th graders and used it as an example of how a "drug" can be used in a good way, but some athletes use it in a bad way.

Can't wait to be done!!! Just found out that I'll get a 3 week break before radiation.
    YES!!! and my hair is coming back so nice and soft. I call it "cotton candy".
    my song in the shower:
    "Hello shampoo my old friend, I've come to use you once again..."

thanks for all the well
    thanks for all the well wishes. it its a relief of course I'll be cranky this weekend when I dont feel well. I am so jealous of Mama G's hair. already growing back. my hair normally grows slowly. But really I have rebuilding to do that I have to focus on that . Mama good example for the kids. you will be ahead of me in rads a sihave to have the surgery first. I have had it before was better than chemo. Thanks agian you are such a lovely group.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

thanks for all the well
    thanks for all the well wishes. it its a relief of course I'll be cranky this weekend when I dont feel well. I am so jealous of Mama G's hair. already growing back. my hair normally grows slowly. But really I have rebuilding to do that I have to focus on that . Mama good example for the kids. you will be ahead of me in rads a sihave to have the surgery first. I have had it before was better than chemo. Thanks agian you are such a lovely group.

Congrats to you! That is so
    Congrats to you! That is so great to be done!

Angie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You rock!!! The neuropathy
    You rock!!! The neuropathy will slowly but surely leave you....I rememeber thinking it would always be part of my life, but one day--OMG I got out of the car and my ankles weren't "asleep", and I didn't need to stand for 30 seconds b4 attempting to walk like I wasn't 3 sheets to the wind! I was soooo happy!

Congrats to you~ you have made my evening! YAY YAY YAY

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    chenheart said:

You rock!!! The neuropathy
    You rock!!! The neuropathy will slowly but surely leave you....I rememeber thinking it would always be part of my life, but one day--OMG I got out of the car and my ankles weren't "asleep", and I didn't need to stand for 30 seconds b4 attempting to walk like I wasn't 3 sheets to the wind! I was soooo happy!

Congrats to you~ you have made my evening! YAY YAY YAY

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Way to go Carkris! The worst
    Way to go Carkris! The worst is behind you, even with the surgery coming up, it wont be as bad as chemo. Keep us posted on your surgery.
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Congratulations!
    You did it! That is so wonderful.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    scout5000 said:

Congratulations!
    You did it! That is so wonderful.

Congrats Carkris! You did
    Congrats Carkris! You did it!

HUGS
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Congrats Carkris! You did
    Congrats Carkris! You did it!

HUGS

Congratulations
    Great accomplishment!!! Stay positive and victorious.
    Hugs.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Congratulations
    Great accomplishment!!! Stay positive and victorious.
    Hugs.

Congrats
    Congrats on finishing and the hair will grow back.

Margo
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Congrats!!! I finished my 4
    Congrats!!! I finished my 4 a/c and 11 (couldn't get 12 in) on the 14th, we can grow hair back together :) My neuropathy is really bad too, that's why they didn't do the 12th taxol. Sounds like it goes away over time. Keep me updated on the hair, I'm so so so excited to grow some :) Surgery for me on 2-11, then 30 rounds of radiation. WE CAN DO IT!!
    BIG HUG,
    Kari
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    carkris Great for you!
    Glad that part is done. Hope all goes well.
    My "fixed" 4th chemo was ytdy, 2 to go, then surgery and rads. right now I stll have some very short hair,but it is going thinning more week.
    Good luck,I'll be in touch for meetup afterwards.When we are both (all) well.
    Peace.

i
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210

Congrats!!! I finished my 4
    Congrats!!! I finished my 4 a/c and 11 (couldn't get 12 in) on the 14th, we can grow hair back together :) My neuropathy is really bad too, that's why they didn't do the 12th taxol. Sounds like it goes away over time. Keep me updated on the hair, I'm so so so excited to grow some :) Surgery for me on 2-11, then 30 rounds of radiation. WE CAN DO IT!!
    BIG HUG,
    Kari

Kari, I'll be sending positine vibes on the11th
    From the east coast