Relay for Life

padee6339
padee6339 Member Posts: 763
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tonight is our kickoff for the Laurel Relay for Life (Maryland). A friend and I are going to the Green Turtle tonight - all proceeds from all sales will go directly to the Relay for Life. If there is anyone close by (between Washington and Baltimore), we'd love to see you there. The Green Turtle is on Route 1 in Laurel.

Whoopppeee!

Pat

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Just hoping you have a great
    Just hoping you have a great time and raise a lot of money!! I'm in Florida but I'll be thinking of you. Take care.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Just hoping you have a great
    Just hoping you have a great time and raise a lot of money!! I'm in Florida but I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

Hoping that your Relay for
    Hoping that your Relay for Life is a huge success and that you enjoy it Pat!

HUGS
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Hoping that your Relay for
    Hoping that your Relay for Life is a huge success and that you enjoy it Pat!

HUGS

How was your Relay For Life?
    How was your Relay For Life? I bet you enjoyed it!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    susie09 said:

How was your Relay For Life?
    How was your Relay For Life? I bet you enjoyed it!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

It was great! The Green Turtle was packed and there were people in the parking lot talking on their cell phones to their friends telling them to come - that all the proceedings went to the ACS. What wonderful people. I didn't stay too long, had some dinner and entered the raffles (guess I didn't win :-(, but its all for a worthwhile cause. Can't wait until the walk in June.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    padee6339 said:

It was great! The Green Turtle was packed and there were people in the parking lot talking on their cell phones to their friends telling them to come - that all the proceedings went to the ACS. What wonderful people. I didn't stay too long, had some dinner and entered the raffles (guess I didn't win :-(, but its all for a worthwhile cause. Can't wait until the walk in June.

Pat ♥
    Yahoo to the Green Turtles! It sounds like fun. I am glad that you got to go for a little while. My team, Jeanne's Dream Team, came in second last summer in total money raised for the entire county. See pics on my Expressions Page of part of my team. It really is inspiring!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    padee6339 said:

Aren't you glad you went?
    Aren't you glad you went? They are really great! Sorry you didn't win the raffle. Maybe, next time!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    padee6339 said:

Thank you, Pat!
    Glad you had a wonderful time at The Green Turtle (the name itself makes it sound like a fun place!).

Your efforts and the proceeds, like those of everyone else who participated, will benefit many in the future. Actually, we here ALL benefit - since the ACS makes this site available for us. So, thanks, again.

Looking forward to June, and hearing about your experience at the actual RFL walk.

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Thank you, Pat!
    Glad you had a wonderful time at The Green Turtle (the name itself makes it sound like a fun place!).

Your efforts and the proceeds, like those of everyone else who participated, will benefit many in the future. Actually, we here ALL benefit - since the ACS makes this site available for us. So, thanks, again.

Looking forward to June, and hearing about your experience at the actual RFL walk.

Kind regards,
    Susan

You had fun Pat! The Relay
    You had fun Pat! The Relay For Lifes are amazing! I am so happy that you went.

You will love the walk in June.

♥ Noel
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Noel said:

You had fun Pat! The Relay
    You had fun Pat! The Relay For Lifes are amazing! I am so happy that you went.

You will love the walk in June.

♥ Noel

Glad you had a great time!
    Glad you had a great time! When you do the walk, you will be so emotional. But, it is a good thing to go to and to try to do. Most love it! We are survivors!

Lex♥
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    in Pa.. but relay is a great
    in Pa.. but relay is a great event.. did it last year and already have 2 teams signed up for this years
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    e_hope said:

in Pa.. but relay is a great
    in Pa.. but relay is a great event.. did it last year and already have 2 teams signed up for this years

I haven't been to a Relay
    I haven't been to a Relay For Life yet, but, I am looking forward to it. I guess they are really great! I like your teams name Pat. Glad you had a nice nite.

Megan