single

xskeetshooter
xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i am thinking because i gained weight and i am bald. who will ever want some one who has cancer, fat and bald

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    WOW!
    My sentiments exactly!!! However, we don't have cancer anymore... we are survivors! We will grow our hair back and losing weight will be a necessity, so there IS hope for us ;)
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86
    Your 'transformation' is
    Your 'transformation' is normal, we all experience it. I used this time to pick out the positives, for instance I never really realized just how pretty my eyes were until my hair was not hanging in them. When I was going through chemo I gained weight and I thought the same thing but...once I started to look I realized I had some pretty good qualities not only on the inside but also on the outside. Now that my hair is back I try to keep it out of my eyes so that I can show the world just how nice they are. Go look in the mirror and figure out what is your best feature and focus on that. The weight will go away and the hair will grow back, your quaility will always be there. :-) Remember the transformation is temporary.
    Hugs,
    Tracey
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    The answer is someone who
    The answer is someone who looks beyond the physical. Once that someone is aware of what you have been through they will be impressed. We are all warriors and have survived the fight of our lives. I do believe that stands for a h_ell of a lot more than what is left on the outside right after our war. We will heal and lose the weight, grow hair and continue to be the survivors that we are. Beauty is more than skin deep!!
  • xskeetshooter
    yep
    you are a right. i am a very positive person , and i love you all, kind souls. but when you gain the weight and everything else, you seem to disapear.men dont look at you...lmao..i have lived on my own for years without a man. so its seems weird that i am bummed about this.
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177

yep
    you are a right. i am a very positive person , and i love you all, kind souls. but when you gain the weight and everything else, you seem to disapear.men dont look at you...lmao..i have lived on my own for years without a man. so its seems weird that i am bummed about this.

Positive thinking
    Would you like to go out on a date with me ??????????????????????
    I'll pick you up at 7.
    Bill
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Bill.S said:

Positive thinking
    Would you like to go out on a date with me ??????????????????????
    I'll pick you up at 7.
    Bill

My goodness, Bill. It is so
    My goodness, Bill. It is so good to see you post. There have been several inquiries about you over the past couple of months, so you were missed by many. Hope all is going well...and keep up the good work. Maybe the positive thinking will definitely get you a date. Never give up. So good to hear from you. Hugs,

Judy
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177

My goodness, Bill. It is so
    My goodness, Bill. It is so good to see you post. There have been several inquiries about you over the past couple of months, so you were missed by many. Hope all is going well...and keep up the good work. Maybe the positive thinking will definitely get you a date. Never give up. So good to hear from you. Hugs,

Judy

DATE ?????
    Who would want to go on a date with a person who only has 1 breast ???? I had a modified radical mastectomy.
    But I still have 2 feet so we can dance.
  • Saltylibrarian
    Saltylibrarian Member Posts: 12
    for what it's worth
    I totally understand where you are coming from but I think surviving is probably the sexiest damn thing there is out there. If you truly look at yourself, I'm quite sure you can not deny the beauty there. If anything, who will be good enough to deserve you? I know that sounds really corny but I believe it.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Bill.S said:

DATE ?????
    Who would want to go on a date with a person who only has 1 breast ???? I had a modified radical mastectomy.
    But I still have 2 feet so we can dance.

Ahhhhhhhh Bill
    Two

Ahhhhhhhh Bill
    Two breastless people.... dancing alone in the moonlight.....If you lived in Tennessee
    I'd dance the night away with you! But you make a good point really....we need to remember that we ladies aren't the only ones with hangups from our surgeries. Maybe we need an online post cancer dating service....I'm in! :)
    Dee
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452

for what it's worth
    I totally understand where you are coming from but I think surviving is probably the sexiest damn thing there is out there. If you truly look at yourself, I'm quite sure you can not deny the beauty there. If anything, who will be good enough to deserve you? I know that sounds really corny but I believe it.

Good Topic
    I agree with Saltylibrarian. I think that I deserve somone who is the best after all I have gone through. Sometime I think single women should get an extra point for having had to go through this on their own, but then to have the courage to face the dating scene is daunting. I do not mean to offend anyone of my married sisters here, because I don't think it is easy on marriages or relationships either. It just plain is hard any way you look at it.

Two months ago I went on a blind date. Was not looking for this, but my friends thought I needed to get out and start mingling. Well, Mr. Date and I did very well the first time out. On the second date he started asking questions about my health and my job situation. He had heard some things about me beforehand so he knew all was not rosy. Well, I told him things because I wanted to be open before this progressed down to anything more and then to have someone bail or ask why would not be right. Well, Mr. Date never called again. I heard through the grapevine that this was not something he was interested in. I would have taken it better had he told me face to face, but...

I believe we have something much better to offer after all that we have gone through. We don't create unnessary drama, we know how to appreciate the ordinary things, we have
    learned not to mince words, play games, or forget to tell the ones we love how much we love them. Yes, I'm a lot to take on, and it takes a lot of man to measure up to it. And believe me it took a long time for me to get this into my head. I wish you well as one single to another. I do believe our time will come, we just have to have faith. Cindy
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Cindy54 said:

Good Topic
    I agree with Saltylibrarian. I think that I deserve somone who is the best after all I have gone through. Sometime I think single women should get an extra point for having had to go through this on their own, but then to have the courage to face the dating scene is daunting. I do not mean to offend anyone of my married sisters here, because I don't think it is easy on marriages or relationships either. It just plain is hard any way you look at it.

Two months ago I went on a blind date. Was not looking for this, but my friends thought I needed to get out and start mingling. Well, Mr. Date and I did very well the first time out. On the second date he started asking questions about my health and my job situation. He had heard some things about me beforehand so he knew all was not rosy. Well, I told him things because I wanted to be open before this progressed down to anything more and then to have someone bail or ask why would not be right. Well, Mr. Date never called again. I heard through the grapevine that this was not something he was interested in. I would have taken it better had he told me face to face, but...

I believe we have something much better to offer after all that we have gone through. We don't create unnessary drama, we know how to appreciate the ordinary things, we have
    learned not to mince words, play games, or forget to tell the ones we love how much we love them. Yes, I'm a lot to take on, and it takes a lot of man to measure up to it. And believe me it took a long time for me to get this into my head. I wish you well as one single to another. I do believe our time will come, we just have to have faith. Cindy

Cindy, I couldn't agree with
    Cindy, I couldn't agree with you more! You should be thankful Mr. Date disappeared as he's obviously not a strong person. Going through this without a partner makes me want one now and I never really wanted that before. This could prove to be interesting!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Sher43009 said:

Cindy, I couldn't agree with
    Cindy, I couldn't agree with you more! You should be thankful Mr. Date disappeared as he's obviously not a strong person. Going through this without a partner makes me want one now and I never really wanted that before. This could prove to be interesting!

Have you seen the CHEM HO ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEr-5G5iMjM
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Mama G said:
    Yep
    I like that girl's...Allison...stuff. She telles it like it is with humor. I hope she keeps going with these hsort things, evn when she is out of treatment, because she makes me laugh. Cindy
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86
    Cindy54 said:

Yep
    I like that girl's...Allison...stuff. She telles it like it is with humor. I hope she keeps going with these hsort things, evn when she is out of treatment, because she makes me laugh. Cindy

Ya'll got me on this one
    I totally forgot about the inside...thanks for reminding me. When I posted I remembered only why I was looking in the mirror. I looked like Humpty Dumpty and at that moment maybe looking for the 'old' me because the new me felt so different inside and out. None the less, I still picked the eyes. I guess you could say they look into the sole. I totally agree, we as survivors are beautiful on the inside and on the outside. I also agree that we do not thrive on the drama or most of the things that others do because we have seen, experienced and learned from what we went through and there is so much more. Thank you to all of you for giving me a reminder. Sometimes when you get so caught up in all the hectic things life has to offer you forget the true beauty you have discovered. Beauty comes from the inside out and is expressed not in the clothes you wear, the color of your hair but from the strength and courage discovered through a real crappy experience. Thank you to all of you again. God Bless!
  • xskeetshooter
    bill
    omg bill. ty so much for the smile on my face from your comment.i live in ontario too bad. you seem like a nice man..to everyone else thanks , you are so right.
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670

bill
    omg bill. ty so much for the smile on my face from your comment.i live in ontario too bad. you seem like a nice man..to everyone else thanks , you are so right.

I'm telling you....
    IT happens...
    My hubby of 28 yrs divorced me after my 3rd cancer diagnosis...
    I was alone for 14 years (by choice)...
    THEN....I met someone right HERE (in csn chat) who has given me
    an unconditional love that is not in the least daunted by the fact
    that I am 'breastless', or any of the other issues left over from
    cancer or the usual processes of age (I am 61 - was 38 when first
    diagnosed).
    There are as many ways to love a person as there are people to love.
    The person we are all looking for is the one who will walk with us
    through the journey of finding the way of love that is right for
    the two of us together. Everything else takes a back seat.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    zahalene said:

I'm telling you....
    IT happens...
    My hubby of 28 yrs divorced me after my 3rd cancer diagnosis...
    I was alone for 14 years (by choice)...
    THEN....I met someone right HERE (in csn chat) who has given me
    an unconditional love that is not in the least daunted by the fact
    that I am 'breastless', or any of the other issues left over from
    cancer or the usual processes of age (I am 61 - was 38 when first
    diagnosed).
    There are as many ways to love a person as there are people to love.
    The person we are all looking for is the one who will walk with us
    through the journey of finding the way of love that is right for
    the two of us together. Everything else takes a back seat.

Wow that's so
    Wow that's so awesome....there is hope!