xskeetshooter
xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
have to start this ,and take it for 5-10 years anybody else taking it

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Someone just asked about
    Someone just asked about Arimidex~I will bump it up for you! :)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • theisbarbara
    theisbarbara Member Posts: 2
    Arimidex
    I have been taking it for 4/12 years and have never had any side effects. I feel more secure taking it and dread when I have to stop in May of 2010.
  • JudyAS
    JudyAS Member Posts: 48
    Took Arimidex
    I took Arimidex for 36 days and it affected my joints so bad that I had to go off it. I am now taking Aromasin and seem to be doing fine on it. I take 2 Aleve when I need it and it really helps. Hope it does okay for you. I am praying for you.
    God Bless, Judy
  • tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    JudyAS said:

Took Arimidex
    I took Arimidex for 36 days and it affected my joints so bad that I had to go off it. I am now taking Aromasin and seem to be doing fine on it. I take 2 Aleve when I need it and it really helps. Hope it does okay for you. I am praying for you.
    God Bless, Judy

I've been taking it since
    I've been taking it since August. The only side effect I'm having is mild hot flashes, which are very tolerable. I hope you do very well on this and experience few (or NO) side effects.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    tigger99 said:

I've been taking it since
    I've been taking it since August. The only side effect I'm having is mild hot flashes, which are very tolerable. I hope you do very well on this and experience few (or NO) side effects.

Been on it since April. No
    Been on it since April. No side effects at all.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Arimidex
    In March - it'll be four years, so far, for me. With maybe/probably four more to go. Took Tamoxifen for two years prior. So, total 10 years on anti-BC meds - most likely...
  • xskeetshooter
    thankyou everyone
    ty again
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78

thankyou everyone
    ty again

My 2 cents!
    I have been on Arimidex for the last 10 months and it has aged me 15 years. I think I have all the side effects. I started with Femara took it for 6 months and it was far worse for me. I am going in next Wednesday for my annual mammo and a CT scan if things are good I will be considering going off it. Good Luck. JoMama
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    JoMama54 said:

My 2 cents!
    I have been on Arimidex for the last 10 months and it has aged me 15 years. I think I have all the side effects. I started with Femara took it for 6 months and it was far worse for me. I am going in next Wednesday for my annual mammo and a CT scan if things are good I will be considering going off it. Good Luck. JoMama

Let us know what happenedJoMama!
    Are you going off the arimidex?
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    JoMama54 said:

My 2 cents!

I am really afraid to take
    I am really afraid to take it. I have felt crappy for so long, and i'm finally feeling GOOD. I really don't want to start having side affects from something else!
  • xskeetshooter
    lanie940 said:

I am really afraid to take
    I am really afraid to take it. I have felt crappy for so long, and i'm finally feeling GOOD. I really don't want to start having side affects from something else!

lanie
    i said the same, but i took it anyways .my doc told me it will take 75% chance of coming back down to 30% so its worth it to me, i have had no side effects so far. been 2 weeks
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    I have been on arimidex for
    I have been on arimidex for almost a year. I was on tamoixfen for 1.5 years. The arimidex make me feel like a 80 year old woman with bad joint pain. I do take aleve which help with the pain and have mild case of the hot flash. I do find that walking help relieve some of my joint pain will start take swimming exercise to see if that will help the pain.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    bjmom1 said:

I have been on arimidex for
    I have been on arimidex for almost a year. I was on tamoixfen for 1.5 years. The arimidex make me feel like a 80 year old woman with bad joint pain. I do take aleve which help with the pain and have mild case of the hot flash. I do find that walking help relieve some of my joint pain will start take swimming exercise to see if that will help the pain.

I'm supposed to be taking
    I'm supposed to be taking it, but the joint pain was so bad for a while that I just stopped. Now I'm starting again to see if it's any better......hope so... I know I need it...