Experience with starting/stopping/restarting Arimidex?

StaKur14
StaKur14 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had 1st mtg with Med Onc - waiting for oncotype dx test results -- which the lab screwed up & so now have to wait 2 more weeks. Lumpectomy surgery was 12/2 -- no rad or chemo treatments have yet begun. Med Onc suggests starting arimidex -- stopping it if test results come in & we decide chemo in 2 weeks. When chemo regimen is done (3 mon?)then restart Arimidex & radiation. Does anyone know if there are ramping up or weaning off effects for arimidex? Or know of any other reasons why this might not be a good idea. I get the impression Dr. suggestion was to satisfy my unease about not doing anything. Thanks much. HB

Comments

• tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    I think it's OK and should
    I think it's OK and should not cause a problem. My plastic surgeon wants me to stop taking Arimidex 2 weeks prior to my next surgery. I called the oncologist to see if she was OK with that and she said it should cause no problems at all. Of course, I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV ; rather, I'm just sharing my oncologist's opinion.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    tigger99 said:

I think it's OK and should
    I think it's OK and should not cause a problem. My plastic surgeon wants me to stop taking Arimidex 2 weeks prior to my next surgery. I called the oncologist to see if she was OK with that and she said it should cause no problems at all. Of course, I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV ; rather, I'm just sharing my oncologist's opinion.

anyone else have any experience with ARIMIDEX?
    I'm supposed to go on it after the rads. What should I be asking/doing/expecting?