Sad news but i'm ok...

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Kari
    Hi,I am so sorry you have to deal with an added worry.Cancer is hard by it self.Know that we care about you and i will pray for you.Take Care.Love and PRayers.(Pat).
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    I hope this separation
    I hope this separation brings you the strength to forge ahead and complete your surgery in peace. Sometimes it is better for everyone not to continue enabling. Remember to take care of yourself first. Sending positive energy your way.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549

This just melts my heart (in
    This just melts my heart (in a good way off course) all the overwhelming responses and the wonderful words of each and every one of you are exactly what I needed to hear at this moment. I can't even believe the priceless gift I have in all of you and I have never met a single one of you, PRICELESS!! I do have a laptop and I might see if I can get connection through my cell phone, I really do need it, I'm in school right now (on top of everything else) and currently taking my classes online because of all the upcoming surgery's. I do have a beautiful, loving, supporting, caring daughter (pictured with me) who is also in her senior year of nursing, she's always available for me. I also have a wonderful group of friends who will help me after surgery so no worries there, I think I'll be ok, at least a lot better off than I would be staying in the situation I was in. I know a lot of women have gone through this while battling the beast and it's very painful but we do get through, were warriors. I love my husband with all my heart and I always will but he has some major issues that he needs to work on, and me continuing to stay all these years has just enabled him to continue his insane behavior. So, now that I'm out of breath, I just want you all to know you are invaluable to me, I love all of you, and I'm OK, just for today.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Kari

Kari-I'm sorry that you are going through this...
    at a time when you need support. You are right, this fine group here on the board are forever strong and caring and we will be with you every step of the way. You are very fortunate to have a loving and supportive daughter and she, perhaps, will be your gift as my daughter continues to be for me. It seems as though it is those who needed us and whom we cared for in the past that come to our side when need need them most. You are blessed to have such a person.

Today, a friend of mine from my religious community read from a special tablet for the people of Haiti. It is a prayer that is to be said, or chanted, during times of great difficulty-it was powerful. While my friend read, I thought of all my dear friends here and all that we have gone through with our cancer, family and friend relations and how they are coping with our disease, and the mental and physical side effects of treatment. I realized, perhaps for the first time, that in spite of (or perhaps the result of) all we have been forced to endure, we are capable of rising up to another level of actualization-- if we allow it happen.

It seems as though, when I least expect it, I find strength in places I have never before thought to search-that is what I found today. It was a serendipity moment...

Again, I wish you well. I hope that you find peace in your decision and all the loving caring support that you need to make it through this next phase of your bc journey.

dmc
    PS
    Your daughter is beautiful :).
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Kari
    Kari take one day at a time with everything that you are dealing with. Please let us know how your surgery go and you know we are all ways here for you.girl power
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

This just melts my heart (in a good way off course) all the overwhelming responses and the wonderful words of each and every one of you are exactly what I needed to hear at this moment. I can't even believe the priceless gift I have in all of you and I have never met a single one of you, PRICELESS!! I do have a laptop and I might see if I can get connection through my cell phone, I really do need it, I'm in school right now (on top of everything else) and currently taking my classes online because of all the upcoming surgery's. I do have a beautiful, loving, supporting, caring daughter (pictured with me) who is also in her senior year of nursing, she's always available for me. I also have a wonderful group of friends who will help me after surgery so no worries there, I think I'll be ok, at least a lot better off than I would be staying in the situation I was in. I know a lot of women have gone through this while battling the beast and it's very painful but we do get through, were warriors. I love my husband with all my heart and I always will but he has some major issues that he needs to work on, and me continuing to stay all these years has just enabled him to continue his insane behavior. So, now that I'm out of breath, I just want you all to know you are invaluable to me, I love all of you, and I'm OK, just for today.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Kari

Kari,
    It takes tremendous

Kari,
    It takes tremendous courage to take the step you did while in the middle of treatment. You are an incredibly strong warrior. You have your support team there for you and they will guide and help you through this. The fact that you love your husband but are able to make this break because it is what you and he need at this time is so inspiring. Maybe this is the wake up call he needs to get his house in order. With time, perhaps he will be the man you deserve but if not, you will know that you did what you could to help him and that you put yourself where you need to be right now, number one. I hope that all goes well for you with you. I hope you are able to get the internet connection soon. Not just so we know what is going on (although we certainly want to know that), but so you can continue your schooling. My sincere prayers are with you through all of this and remember we are here to hear you laugh, cry, vent, celebrate, whatever you need. You and your daughter are so beautiful and I am so glad you have her. You are a very special woman.
    Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Kari
    Kari take one day at a time with everything that you are dealing with. Please let us know how your surgery go and you know we are all ways here for you.girl power

Best advice right there above me ^
    One day at a time, sometimes one step at a time. Most hospitals now have internet hook up, so if you can even borrow a laptop, please do so. We want to keep up with you! Yes you are very brave to make that move. I will pray for you Kari! and be thinking of you every time I check this network.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Mama G said:

Best advice right there above me ^
    One day at a time, sometimes one step at a time. Most hospitals now have internet hook up, so if you can even borrow a laptop, please do so. We want to keep up with you! Yes you are very brave to make that move. I will pray for you Kari! and be thinking of you every time I check this network.

stay strong
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I dont know how my hubby and I will do through this either. We have been rocky too. We have only been married for 6 years. second marriage for both of us. Sometimes I feel he is angry with me because of all of this and I havent even begun the mood swings and hot flashes. LOL! I am an enabler too. I was with this through his heart attack 3 years ago (he was 40) then his hip replacement the next year and it looks like his other hip needs replaced. He is only 43!!!!!!!!!!!! What I am learining is that I have to concentrate on what is going on with me right now. I hope you find a way to post or at least read posts. Stay strong, take care of yourself. We will all be thinking about you. Hugs and prayers.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    So sorry for your family
    So sorry for your family woes Kari. I went through the whole thing with my daughter and girlfriends by my side too.There's nothing like little female TLC to get through the rough times.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I'm sorry to hear. Hope
    I'm sorry to hear. Hope everything goes well for you.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Kari, So sorry about your
    Kari, So sorry about your situation with your husband. I will pray for strength for you. Hang in there. You deserve to be happy and all of this now is necessary to get you to the point where you can be truly happy. Take care, we will be thinking of you.Eil
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570

Thank you so much!!!
    Kari

Kari, You are beautiful,
    Kari, You are beautiful, loving, supporting, and caring...it shines through what you write. Your daughter must have gotten your genes. I am so glad that you have her support and the support of friends. It IS time to take care of yourself. May you stay OK today, tomorrow, and always. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Eil4186 said:

Kari, So sorry about your
    Kari, So sorry about your situation with your husband. I will pray for strength for you. Hang in there. You deserve to be happy and all of this now is necessary to get you to the point where you can be truly happy. Take care, we will be thinking of you.Eil

Kari, I am so sorry about
    Kari, I am so sorry about this, but, you can get thru whatever you have to. You have all of us to help and your beautiful daughter too. Sending you prayers!

Megan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Megan M said:

Kari, I am so sorry about
    Kari, I am so sorry about this, but, you can get thru whatever you have to. You have all of us to help and your beautiful daughter too. Sending you prayers!

Megan

Kari
    I am sorry for your separation. At the same time i am impressed with your strength and determination. In order to beat cancer you do need having only positive energy around you. Please keep in touch.
    Sending you a big hug.
    New Flower
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Kari
    I am sorry for your separation. At the same time i am impressed with your strength and determination. In order to beat cancer you do need having only positive energy around you. Please keep in touch.
    Sending you a big hug.
    New Flower

We are here for you!
    From what little I know of you from this board, you have the strength in you to get thru whatever you have to. And, we are all here to hold your hand, cheer you on or whatever you might need in the rest of your journey!

KYLEZ ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kari, I'd say I'm sorry but
    Kari, I'd say I'm sorry but I'm happy you are doing what is right for YOU. That's the important thing, especially now. We'll be here waiting to hear from you when you are able. Take care and I'm sending positive thoughts and a (((hug))) to you.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Hi Kari
    I am sending good

Hi Kari
    I am sending good thoughts and prayers and strength for you and your daughter. My kids and grandkids have been such a source of strength and courage for me. My daughter that lives with me has been a lifesaver, as well as all my pink sisters on this board. We are there for you and each other whenever you need it. Take care. Marilyn
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    So sorry
    You are very brave to make this move and I commend you for it. Going all what you are going through already and having to make this change must be overwhelming. Now you can focus on just you....which right now is the most important thing you can do for yourself. My prayers go out to you in your upcoming surgery, continue to be as strong as you have been and you will come through with flying colors. Best wishes to you.
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Sending cyber ((((hugs)))) your way
    Kari - My heart aches for you right now. But you are a fighter and proved that by recognizing what was best for you. Remember, we are only a mouse click away. Post when you can but know we are always with you in our thoughts and prayers. Lola
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Kari,
    I am sorry to hear about your separation. And I wish I could be there for your surgery coming up-keep us posted!
    It's nice to see you on facebook!
    Love,
    Patty
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Kari
    I wish you the best.