anyone get gifts after treatment was done?

teresa41
teresa41 Member Posts: 471
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i had my last chemo on sep 17 and my chemo nurses gave me a gift card for one hundred dollars so i could get my hair done im just waiting on the hair lol.but i thought it was very nice of them, i had a really hard time with the radiation staff sorry to say they made the treatment harder for me but i showed them the last treatment i gave them all cookies.

:0) teresa

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I doubt I'll get a gift but
    I doubt I'll get a gift but I'm bringing in a cake.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    carkris said:

I doubt I'll get a gift but
    I doubt I'll get a gift but I'm bringing in a cake.

How very sweet!
    You must be an amazing woman! I bet they don't do that for all their patients.
    Good luck and God bless. Let us see that hairdo once you get it done!
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    nice
    that was very nice of them.
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member

nice
    that was very nice of them.

wow
    I agree with shortscake that is so nice. I didn't get a gift from the chemo staff but I did bring them muffins. My husband gave me a ring after my last treatment, it is really pretty but I don't like to think about it's significance it makes me sad. Love surf
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86

wow
    I agree with shortscake that is so nice. I didn't get a gift from the chemo staff but I did bring them muffins. My husband gave me a ring after my last treatment, it is really pretty but I don't like to think about it's significance it makes me sad. Love surf

How nice
    How nice that they gave you something you could use later on. You will enjoy the gift when you are ready to use it. My chemo nurses gave me a Tshirt, a wonderful book and a card. My cousin sent me a huge fortune cookie with a personal message inside. It was yummy. And last but not least, a friend gave me an angel of courage that I keep on the bathroom counter. Seeing it everyday reminds me that I am strong.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    I got nuthin'!
    I didn't get anything when I finished chemo except a hug from my oncologist (who's a very nice man, but not a "hugger," so I know that was a big deal to him).

While I was doing rads, Pitt finished chemo, and posted here that the center staff sang a "Chemo Graduation Song" to her! I promptly announced to the rad techs that I would be expecting the same from them when I finished rads....as my grandmother would say, people in hell want ice water, too. :-)

You and I, Teresa, both had problems with our rad techs, I also brought them homebaked cookies at Christmas. While I was in the treatment room, my girlfriend was waiting for me in the waiting area, and heard one of the techs talking about how his mother's pumpkin bars are much better than mine! Gee, wouldn't it have been nice if they'd waited until *after* we left to start dissing my cookies? Made me wish I'd spiked them with a laxative or something....

Traci
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    TraciInLA said:

I got nuthin'!
    I didn't get anything when I finished chemo except a hug from my oncologist (who's a very nice man, but not a "hugger," so I know that was a big deal to him).

While I was doing rads, Pitt finished chemo, and posted here that the center staff sang a "Chemo Graduation Song" to her! I promptly announced to the rad techs that I would be expecting the same from them when I finished rads....as my grandmother would say, people in hell want ice water, too. :-)

You and I, Teresa, both had problems with our rad techs, I also brought them homebaked cookies at Christmas. While I was in the treatment room, my girlfriend was waiting for me in the waiting area, and heard one of the techs talking about how his mother's pumpkin bars are much better than mine! Gee, wouldn't it have been nice if they'd waited until *after* we left to start dissing my cookies? Made me wish I'd spiked them with a laxative or something....

Traci

im sorry traci
    im sorry they did that how rude! but mine were not nice they would huff and puff at me and get attitudes i reported them after my treatment was over and i hope you did the same !

thank you all for posting!

:0) teresa
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Got a before gift.a magnum of champagne
    for me and a friend to share after this is over.
    Peace
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I didn't get anything from
    I didn't get anything from onc office or radiation office or surgeon office. Not even a hug. But I didn't notice the lack of it because I wasn't expecting it either. I was just glad to get it over with. I didn't think about bringing in cookies either. I was way to sick to bake but I'm probably just not as thoughtful as you gals are. I'm very backward, I've been told. Maybe that's why I like the upside down picture.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Marcia527 said:

I didn't get anything from
    I didn't get anything from onc office or radiation office or surgeon office. Not even a hug. But I didn't notice the lack of it because I wasn't expecting it either. I was just glad to get it over with. I didn't think about bringing in cookies either. I was way to sick to bake but I'm probably just not as thoughtful as you gals are. I'm very backward, I've been told. Maybe that's why I like the upside down picture.

I got a Graduation Diploma
    from RadiationStaff, The radiation department was more pleasant place and has better connections with patients than Chemo department. My radiation oncologist has a very good personal skills and bedside manners. Chemo nurses were very good, while medical oncologist treats cancer, not a patient. So I did not get a hug. Looking back I agree with Marcia, I was very sick and happy that is over.
    New Flower
  • Zhentup
    Zhentup Member Posts: 43

I got a Graduation Diploma
    from RadiationStaff, The radiation department was more pleasant place and has better connections with patients than Chemo department. My radiation oncologist has a very good personal skills and bedside manners. Chemo nurses were very good, while medical oncologist treats cancer, not a patient. So I did not get a hug. Looking back I agree with Marcia, I was very sick and happy that is over.
    New Flower

I'm no where near done yet, but
    Since my treatment started just before Christmas, when I went to my second appointment I brought a couple of the necklaces I make. (They are made with old Scrabble tiles-I put a picture on the back of the tile.) The 2 I selected for my wonderful oncology nurses both had butterflies on them. I told them they put all of us into cocoons and at the end we come out butterflies. They were thrilled and have worn them on my treatment days.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Gifts
    I got a balloon from the oncologist's office that said congratulations and when I finished rads I got hugs from some of the techs. Those women were wonderful. There is a restaurant near me (Sullivan's) that makes wonderful ribs but they are kind of expensive. When my taste buds had come back my Mom and I went there and she treated me to the most awesome rack of ribs in the area!!!!
    Pat