Had surgery a few days ago

Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Sorry i havent updated...ended up staying night at hospital due to really bad nausea from anasthesia. I got home and been sleeping most of the time too..surgery went well. Did lumpectomy and took 10 nodes. Just been relaxing and sleeping. I have this nasty drain in me for a week then it comes out. What a pain in the butt, huh?
Oh, good part was the anasthesiologist, whew was he good lookin!! lol

Comments

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    sam
    glade you doing better hugs commming your way
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Glad you're home
    It's so much easier to relax & sleep at home. When I had my bilateral mastectomy I said the drains were the worst part...I hated them. It's all a pain in the butt, but it will be behind you faster then you think. Take it easy & try to let others take care of you.

Just imagine how rich he was also. Rich, smart, & good-looking...some guys have it all!!!

Hang Tough,
    Tina
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Tinabug said:

Glad you're home
    It's so much easier to relax & sleep at home. When I had my bilateral mastectomy I said the drains were the worst part...I hated them. It's all a pain in the butt, but it will be behind you faster then you think. Take it easy & try to let others take care of you.

Just imagine how rich he was also. Rich, smart, & good-looking...some guys have it all!!!

Hang Tough,
    Tina

hi
    i had to stay overnight also when i had my lumpectomy i was so sick i threw up when i got to my room i hope you get feeling better the drain is a pain mine stayed in for a month i had a lot of nodes removed though best wishes for you.

rest and take care!

:0) teresa
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ladybug22 said:

sam
    glade you doing better hugs commming your way

Sending you healing thoughts
    Sending you healing thoughts and prayers!

Angie
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    teresa41 said:

hi
    i had to stay overnight also when i had my lumpectomy i was so sick i threw up when i got to my room i hope you get feeling better the drain is a pain mine stayed in for a month i had a lot of nodes removed though best wishes for you.

rest and take care!

:0) teresa

Yes Teresa41
    I threw up when I got to my room too...ugh, was terrible. I had 10 nodes removed so I should only have my drain for a week.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Sam you've come a long way
    Sam you've come a long way baby!! The drain is a pain. LOL So happy your surgery is over. I found surgery to be the easiest part of treatment. Happy to hear from you.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    natly15 said:

Sam you've come a long way
    Sam you've come a long way baby!! The drain is a pain. LOL So happy your surgery is over. I found surgery to be the easiest part of treatment. Happy to hear from you.

Glad that you are home now
    Glad that you are home now Sam. Hoping that drain comes out soon!

Megan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Megan M said:

Glad that you are home now
    Glad that you are home now Sam. Hoping that drain comes out soon!

Megan

glad you are home and that
    glad you are home and that step is done. rest and recover.
  • Kit1018
    Kit1018 Member Posts: 48
    Glad surgery went well take
    Glad surgery went well take care and rest lots
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kit1018 said:

Glad surgery went well take
    Glad surgery went well take care and rest lots

Happy for you that surgery
    Happy for you that surgery is behind you now. Rest and recover!
  • tat2granny
    tat2granny Member Posts: 77
    DianeBC said:

Happy for you that surgery
    Happy for you that surgery is behind you now. Rest and recover!

Happy for you
    That's one step closer! Mine is just around the corner. Just rest and get better!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi, Sam. It's Monday now
    Hi, Sam. It's Monday now and I hope this post finds you feeling better. At least the surgery is over and you are getting closer to the end. Let us know how you're feeling. Take care.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Sam
    Thanks for the update! I wasn't able to get online much this weekend, so I didn't see your post until today.

Glad the surgery went well, although the nausea is never fun, is it! I hope you're able to get your drains out soon and that your recovery goes along smoothly.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Sam
    Thanks for the update! I wasn't able to get online much this weekend, so I didn't see your post until today.

Glad the surgery went well, although the nausea is never fun, is it! I hope you're able to get your drains out soon and that your recovery goes along smoothly.

Take care,
    Cindy

Make sure to rest and take
    Make sure to rest and take your time recovering. I thought i felt great, and then i did too much and it really knocked me out. There are some good shows on TV so veg out. I hated the drains too. Hope you have a fast recovery. Take care
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Sam
    I hope you're feeling better soon. Lumpectomy and nodes are coming up for me too.
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    laurissa said:

Hi Sam
    I hope you're feeling better soon. Lumpectomy and nodes are coming up for me too.

Hey Sam,
    So glad your home.

Hey Sam,

So glad your home. Once the drains are out you'll be feeling much better.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Hey Sam,
    So glad your home.

Hey Sam,

So glad your home. Once the drains are out you'll be feeling much better.

Hope you are feeling better
    Hope you are feeling better Sam.