Fourth Chemo With New Onc New Drugs

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
They gave me the choice of taking Ativan for anxxiety and I told them okay I will try it. They thought I would be in LaLa land but did not go to sleep at all but I am really tired now. May just have to take a nap.

I just took a Zofran as I was feeling a little nauseated. The new Chemo Lab even had sandwiches for the patients for lunch. I totally did not expect that. The nurse was really great about explaining everything to us.

If I can do okay through these next couple of days maybe this chemo will be okay. I am on my fourth bottle of water now and they recommened 8 bottles in 24 hrs. So I think I am doing pretty good. Feel okay right now just tired.

Donna

Comments

• shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Rest, rest rest and drink water.it makes a big diff when you have a nice chemo nurse that dont mind going the extra mile.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Donna, this is great news!
    Donna, this is great news! I'm happy to hear that perhaps you have discovered a treatment that you can tolerate. It sounds like you were treated well, too. It is difficult enough to go through the treatments but it sure is easier when you're comfortable with your surroundings and the drugs agree with your body. I'm hoping you have a non-eventful weekend insofar as side effects are concerned and just rest, drink your water and take care of YOU. That's all that is important right now. Let us know how you do. Take care!
  • BlownAway60
    Took a 3 Hour Nap
    Now I feel like I have been run over bt a BIG Truck. Everything aches. Cannot vocus my eyes. Still drinking as much as I can, G2 now.

Donna
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Took a 3 Hour Nap
    Now I feel like I have been run over bt a BIG Truck. Everything aches. Cannot vocus my eyes. Still drinking as much as I can, G2 now.

Donna

Rest, rest, rest and keep on drinking. You will feel better in a few days.
  • BlownAway60
    Feeling Kinda In Between
    Not really Good and not really Horible. Drinking, Drinking, Drinking, Water, Gatorade and Decaf Tea. My favorite Chix Noodle soup for dinner. Having hot and cold spells. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. A little nauseated, can take another Zofran at 1000 and then Emend tomorrow. Sorry if I misspelled anything a little Chemo Brain going on.

Hugs to all the "Wwarriors" and "Special Angles"

Donna
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135

Feeling Kinda In Between
    Not really Good and not really Horible. Drinking, Drinking, Drinking, Water, Gatorade and Decaf Tea. My favorite Chix Noodle soup for dinner. Having hot and cold spells. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. A little nauseated, can take another Zofran at 1000 and then Emend tomorrow. Sorry if I misspelled anything a little Chemo Brain going on.

Hugs to all the "Wwarriors" and "Special Angles"

Donna

Take care of yourself
    Hope you are feeling better. I know drinking really helps (like I'm an expert) lol. I've only had one treatment. But, this is what I keep hearing. drink, drink, drink. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I take a xanax before I go and they put benadryl in my IV. I am hoping my next treatment goes as well. I'm glad you found a treamtent place that is so caring. Hang in there.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    natly15 said:

Rest, rest, rest and keep on drinking. You will feel better in a few days.

Try to get as much rest as
    Try to get as much rest as possible and drink as much water as you can.