here we go again!

jetr
jetr Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had breast cancer in 03-04, have been cancer free until diagnosed
on oct. 28th (HER2+) Had masectomy then first treatment (taxotere/cytoxan)
jan. 4th. I'm mad, upset to say the least that I have to go through
this again-but then feeling blessed that it was caught on a reg. scheduled mammogram.
Didn't have the nausea with this chemo but just about all other side effects. Not sure with this chemo how long it will take me to loose my hair??? Next treatment on Jan. 29th.
Going to work in a few min. I'm a teacher. (not sure how long I will be able to work). This first chemo really wiped me out! Will look for replys later today. Have never done discussion boards or anything like this before, but desperate for some input from those in my situation.
THANKS!

Comments

• pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    So sorry jetr that you have
    So sorry jetr that you have to go through this AGAIN...it's bad enough going through it once, but twice. I just finished chemo, I had 4 rounds of adriamycin/cytoxan and 11 rounds of taxol. Not the same chemo mix as you but probably some of the same side effects. I'm sure you will be hearing from several shortly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and come here often it really helps!!
    (((HUGZ)))
    ~Kari~
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Welcome
    I'm so sorry that you're having to face this disease again, but very glad that you've found us -- the women and men on this board are the best companions for this journey that you'll find anywhere.

I did 4 rounds of Taxotere/Cytoxan from August-October of this past year, and many other women here have done the same cocktail -- most of us began losing our hair between 12-16 days after the first infusion.

Please visit often, and ask any questions you have -- we're glad to help you through this any way we can.

Traci
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, jetr. You've come
    Welcome, jetr. You've come to the right place. We are a very caring, supportive, knowledgeable and loving group of people. We also have several members that have battled this beast more than once. We also have quite a few teachers on here. I was on the same chemo cocktail as you and was able to work throughout my treatments. I did take off the day of treatment and the day after. I'm sorry you have to go through this again but know we'll be with you every step of the way. Take care and post often.
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Jetr
    Welcome and I'm sorry to hear about your latest bout with this beast. I teach too and I can't imagine what I would have done without the women on this site. They are the best. I don't have to have chemo so I can't talk to that but I will pray for you.

Helen
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    So sorry you have to deal
    So sorry you have to deal with this again. I had treatment in 2003/2004 also.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    so sorry you have to go
    so sorry you have to go through this again... welcome to the site though and you have come to tghe right place for answers or maybe even just support ...... ((((lisa )))xoxo
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi jetr
    I'm on the same as you. My last treatment (6th) is this Monday. It took me a full 7 days to feel like I could go to work. No nausea for me either. I had bone pain and fatigue mainly. Day 14 hair started shedding. That was the hardest thing. I hope you do well.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    laurissa said:

Hi jetr
    I'm on the same as you. My last treatment (6th) is this Monday. It took me a full 7 days to feel like I could go to work. No nausea for me either. I had bone pain and fatigue mainly. Day 14 hair started shedding. That was the hardest thing. I hope you do well.

best wishes to you
    sorry you are going through this again!

:0) teresa
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

so sorry you have to go
    so sorry you have to go through this again... welcome to the site though and you have come to tghe right place for answers or maybe even just support ...... ((((lisa )))xoxo

Sorry
    I am so sorry that you have cancer again. I am sending you hugs and prayers.

Debby
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    jetr sorry ou must go thru this again
    I had cystoxin and taxol, myair thinnd t 17-18 days, I have maybe an inch all over, right now, but I'm back on chemo after a hiatus so the rest may go.
    I tke antinausea,laxativs antidiarhea throughut chemo, as well as whatver else they infuse. I have had no major issues,no nausea or diarrhea,minor constipation The tiredness was bad, but I scheduled treatments on Thursdays so I could rest or 3 days. I am still working My last treatment (3 1/2 or 4th) had no physical affect on me, am hoping the same for this week.
    Best of luck .
    Peace
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Lynda53 said:

jetr sorry ou must go thru this again
    I had cystoxin and taxol, myair thinnd t 17-18 days, I have maybe an inch all over, right now, but I'm back on chemo after a hiatus so the rest may go.
    I tke antinausea,laxativs antidiarhea throughut chemo, as well as whatver else they infuse. I have had no major issues,no nausea or diarrhea,minor constipation The tiredness was bad, but I scheduled treatments on Thursdays so I could rest or 3 days. I am still working My last treatment (3 1/2 or 4th) had no physical affect on me, am hoping the same for this week.
    Best of luck .
    Peace

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry that you have to go thru this again. I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers! Please post and keep us informed on how you are doing.

Hugs, Diane ♥