nose

shortscake
shortscake Member Posts: 228
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello and how is everyone? to day i went to the ENT(ear/nose/throat)doctor about my nosebleeds well he burnt the inside of my nose to stop the bleeding when i got home i was in so much pain on the left side of my face i was crying well i call the office back and they tell me that most people don't have that kind of pain and i am like what kind of pain are you talking about because this is killing me they told me that i could come back to the office in the morning to see the doctor again i am like no no i don't think i am ever ever coming back there i have never hurt like this before, she did say well you are a cancer pt i am sure you have something you can take for pain....lol..i was like OK one of us is having a bad day...right now i think its me. well anyway the side that he burt is now bleeding again and i am not sure i want to call the doctor that is on call. sorry for all this just need to vent.this is so crazy....

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I must be ignorant because
    I must be ignorant because I've never heard of that-burning the inside of the nose? Ouch! I'd call the onc and see what he says. At the least he can give you pain medicine. Hugs.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Call a doctor
    If they cauterized (burnt) the inside of your nose it should not be bleeding now. You have to make sure you don't end up losing too much blood from nosebleeds - it could cause other health issues. If I were you I'd call and talk to whatever doctor is available.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86
    Wolfi said:

Call a doctor
    If they cauterized (burnt) the inside of your nose it should not be bleeding now. You have to make sure you don't end up losing too much blood from nosebleeds - it could cause other health issues. If I were you I'd call and talk to whatever doctor is available.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Agree call doctor
    The procedure you had was to make the nose bleeds stop, they have not. Call the doctor tonight and let them know what is happening. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
  • shortscake
    TLynn0102 said:

Agree call doctor
    The procedure you had was to make the nose bleeds stop, they have not. Call the doctor tonight and let them know what is happening. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

right now
    right now i don't want anymore pain from it, I have never had pain so bad before on the left side of my face. i just took some pain meds that i already had.my onc sent me to them and when i see him on the 25 of this month i will be sure to tell him about the whole thing.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Marcia527 said:

I must be ignorant because
    I must be ignorant because I've never heard of that-burning the inside of the nose? Ouch! I'd call the onc and see what he says. At the least he can give you pain medicine. Hugs.

Many years ago, I sudden had
    Many years ago, I sudden had some quite serious nose bleeds that the reg. Dr. could not get it to stop so I was sent to an ENT. He 'burned' (cauterized) the inside to stop it. It worked though left a nasty scab inside for quite a while and really hurt. Also made me wonder how/why anyone would snort 'coke' as it was cocaine that he used to burn it with and certainly didn't give me any pleasant feelings at all.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

right now
    right now i don't want anymore pain from it, I have never had pain so bad before on the left side of my face. i just took some pain meds that i already had.my onc sent me to them and when i see him on the 25 of this month i will be sure to tell him about the whole thing.

Call them back now. Don't
    Call them back now. Don't wait for more than a week - it should not be bleeding after cauterizing. i had it done years ago for a bleed that would not stop.
  • shortscake
    Rague said:

Call them back now. Don't
    Call them back now. Don't wait for more than a week - it should not be bleeding after cauterizing. i had it done years ago for a bleed that would not stop.

the man reason that i don't want to call them back or go back to them he(doctor) didn't tell me i would be in this kind of pain and didn't give me anything for pain he did what he had to do and was gone when i called back to the office they were like he is gone for the day and that i can come and see him in the morning i was like i don't want to see him anymore, i feel like he should have given me something for the pain or at lest ask me if i wanted something for it. the MA that i talked to was like most people don't have pain from having it done and i was like look lady i am crying that is how bad the left side of my face is hurting why should i pay another 40 copay for him to say oh you will need something for pain. I just don't like the way things were done.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

the man reason that i don't want to call them back or go back to them he(doctor) didn't tell me i would be in this kind of pain and didn't give me anything for pain he did what he had to do and was gone when i called back to the office they were like he is gone for the day and that i can come and see him in the morning i was like i don't want to see him anymore, i feel like he should have given me something for the pain or at lest ask me if i wanted something for it. the MA that i talked to was like most people don't have pain from having it done and i was like look lady i am crying that is how bad the left side of my face is hurting why should i pay another 40 copay for him to say oh you will need something for pain. I just don't like the way things were done.

I am the type of person who
    I am the type of person who will not go back if I dont trust the doc. instinct. but you need to go to someone becuse you do not need to be in pain or bleed. you alredy had one blood transfusion. so yuu need to take car of this asap. Why do they all asume cancer pts hve pain meds? ai have pain meds for my rear and thst is nto cancer realted except for the constipation it caused. keeop us updated.hugs
  • shortscake
    carkris said:

I am the type of person who
    I am the type of person who will not go back if I dont trust the doc. instinct. but you need to go to someone becuse you do not need to be in pain or bleed. you alredy had one blood transfusion. so yuu need to take car of this asap. Why do they all asume cancer pts hve pain meds? ai have pain meds for my rear and thst is nto cancer realted except for the constipation it caused. keeop us updated.hugs

stop
    My nose stop bleeding this morning, i called the doctor who i saw yesterday and he wanted me to come back and see him to day i was like nope i was in to much pain yesterday and your didn't tell me it was going to be like that, i will not be coming to see you any more and i have asked my onc who sent me to him to find me someone diff. girl power
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

stop
    My nose stop bleeding this morning, i called the doctor who i saw yesterday and he wanted me to come back and see him to day i was like nope i was in to much pain yesterday and your didn't tell me it was going to be like that, i will not be coming to see you any more and i have asked my onc who sent me to him to find me someone diff. girl power

good for you !!! I was
    good for you !!! I was looking at my post I always type like that the day of and initially after chemo. chemo confussion!!!!!!
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135

stop

sorry
    Sorry to hear about the nose bleeds and the insensitive Dr. My Father had that happen to him a few years ago, they did the same thing, but I dont remember him having that kind of pain. I agree, you need to find a different Dr, but dont put yourself in jeapordy. Make sure to tell the new dr what happened and ask why so much pain? Take care!