Hair regrowth while getting Taxotere

Chrispea
Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

I had my 4 AC treatments, then I had one round of Taxotere (boy that was a bugger!)

Yesterday I was rubbing my head under my hat and noticed that I have hair growth!! Little peach fuzz!!

I was kind of excited, but also realize that it could just fall out...

Has this happened to anyone else? Will it keep growing or fall out.

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hair
    Hi,like you my hair when it came back the first time I so hoped I was on my way to having hair again.But then I relized that it was loose and if pulling at it a little it would fall out.So i had to shave mine again.The next time it came back it isn,t loose.I have about a inch and a half now.Still wearing hats and wigs.Good luck to you.I had Taxotere also,your right that is a ruff one.Good Luck to you.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • Chrispea
    ppurdin said:

Hair
    Hi,like you my hair when it came back the first time I so hoped I was on my way to having hair again.But then I relized that it was loose and if pulling at it a little it would fall out.So i had to shave mine again.The next time it came back it isn,t loose.I have about a inch and a half now.Still wearing hats and wigs.Good luck to you.I had Taxotere also,your right that is a ruff one.Good Luck to you.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

OH well... guess I'll just
    OH well... guess I'll just have to wait a few more months then. LOL. No biggie.

I really am starting to like looking like my dad. lol!!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi Chrispea
    I am a 6 yr survivor. I had 4 AC treatments then 4 Taxotere. After the AC my hair started coming back (didn't come back out). Before my rads were finished I was going without my wig and hats. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs Jadie<3
  • Chrispea
    Jadie said:

Hi Chrispea
    I am a 6 yr survivor. I had 4 AC treatments then 4 Taxotere. After the AC my hair started coming back (didn't come back out). Before my rads were finished I was going without my wig and hats. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs Jadie<3</p>

OH, that would be awesome!!
    OH, that would be awesome!! Then I wouldn't have to wear a wig in the summer.