Skin biopsies yesterday

Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.

I had a dermatology appointment yesterday and the doctor found two spots that he didn't like - one on my arm and one on my leg. I had biopsies done on both and will find out the results in a week or two. The funny thing (if it can be funny) is that my husband also had an appointment and the doctor found a spot on his leg, too. We are both walking around with big bandages on from the biopsies and wondering what the news will be. My husband had a skin cancer diagnosis before I had my bc diagnosis last year, but he had surgery to have it removed.

If it's not one thing, it's another.....

Comments

• shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    both
    You and your husband are in my prayers that everything will come out just fine.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

both

Wolfi,
    I will keep you in my

Wolfi,
    I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hubby too that these are nothing serious. I know the waiting is difficult. I think I got my results back in a few days but it could have been a week. Hoping it will be good news. Glad that you went and had this done.
    Stef
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    fauxma said:

Wolfi,
    I will keep you in my

Wolfi,
    I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hubby too that these are nothing serious. I know the waiting is difficult. I think I got my results back in a few days but it could have been a week. Hoping it will be good news. Glad that you went and had this done.
    Stef

Wolfi
    You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish the results come back negative.
    New Flower
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Wolfi
    You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish the results come back negative.
    New Flower

Fingers and toes are crossed!
    Sending you good luck and praying for you and your hubby Wolfi!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Ritzy said:

Fingers and toes are crossed!
    Sending you good luck and praying for you and your hubby Wolfi!

Praying
    Keeping both of you in my prayers!

Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

both

Let us know the results
    Let us know the results Wolfi when you find out. Sending you positive vibes and good luck!

HUGS!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Let us know the results
    Let us know the results Wolfi when you find out. Sending you positive vibes and good luck!

HUGS!

Sending prayers for you and
    Sending prayers for you and your husband Wolfi!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    jnl said:

Sending prayers for you and
    Sending prayers for you and your husband Wolfi!

Hugs, Leeza

Wolfi, I am praying for both
    Wolfi, I am praying for both of you to have good results.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Kylez said:

Wolfi, I am praying for both
    Wolfi, I am praying for both of you to have good results.

Hi Wolfi, Just wanted to let
    Hi Wolfi, Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for a good result for both you and your husband. Sorry that you're having to go thru something like this after everything else you've been thru. Keep us posted when you get the reports. We're holding your hands and sending you love.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Sunrae said:

Hi Wolfi, Just wanted to let
    Hi Wolfi, Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for a good result for both you and your husband. Sorry that you're having to go thru something like this after everything else you've been thru. Keep us posted when you get the reports. We're holding your hands and sending you love.

Wolfi
    I am putting you and your husbands name in my prayers! Post to let us know when you find out the results as we will all be anxiously waiting!

♥ Noel
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Noel said:

Wolfi
    I am putting you and your husbands name in my prayers! Post to let us know when you find out the results as we will all be anxiously waiting!

♥ Noel

Hear anything yet Wolfi?

Hear anything yet Wolfi?
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    fauxma said:

Wolfi,
    I will keep you in my

Wolfi,
    Stef

Wolfi ♥

You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Kylez said:

Hear anything yet Wolfi?

Hear anything yet Wolfi?

Sending you prayers Wolfi
    Sending you prayers Wolfi that everything will be benign for you and your husband.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Wolfi
    Kylez said:

Hear anything yet Wolfi?

Hear anything yet Wolfi?

Nothing yet
    I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks everyone. You make me cry (or maybe it is just the Tamoxifen and lack of sleep).
  • fauxma
    Wolfi said:

Nothing yet
    I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks everyone. You make me cry (or maybe it is just the Tamoxifen and lack of sleep).

I am continuing my prayers
    I am continuing my prayers and positive thoughts for you and your hubby.
    Stef
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    fauxma said:

I am continuing my prayers
    I am continuing my prayers and positive thoughts for you and your hubby.
    Stef

We love you Wolfi and are
    We love you Wolfi and are still praying for you! Post the results when you know something! We are all here waiting.

• Wolfi
    We are both fine!
    We got the results of our biopsies in the mail and there aren't any problems with either of us. No further treatment needed (although I'm still healing from the biopsies).

Oh, I never told you guys that the arm they did the biopsy on was my "bad" (lymphodema) arm. I asked before they injected me with numbing medication about how that shot (and the biopsy)would affect my lymphodema and they said it should be fine. I have a hole in my arm about the size of a dime right now. My lymphodema has been acting up a little bit, but it isn't bad.

Thanks for all of your support. You are all great!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Wolfi said:

We are both fine!
    We got the results of our biopsies in the mail and there aren't any problems with either of us. No further treatment needed (although I'm still healing from the biopsies).

Oh, I never told you guys that the arm they did the biopsy on was my "bad" (lymphodema) arm. I asked before they injected me with numbing medication about how that shot (and the biopsy)would affect my lymphodema and they said it should be fine. I have a hole in my arm about the size of a dime right now. My lymphodema has been acting up a little bit, but it isn't bad.

the good news... if there were any in the skin cancer arena
    is that most of it is so easily curable. Cut it or "burn(freeze)" it and it's gone.
    Living in Florida most of my friends have experienced this by the age of 40. Some many many times.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Wolfi said:

We are both fine!

I am happy that your results
    I am happy that your results were good Wolfi! I hope your lymphodema gets better!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • fauxma
    Wolfi said:

We are both fine!

I am so glad that all was
    I am so glad that all was well. Hooray. Keep an eye on the arm and don't hesitate to call your doctor with any problems. As careful as we can all be, there are times when that arm might need treatment or a procedure and we have to deal with that. Glad it is not giving you any big problems. Just be watchful.
    Again, so glad that there was no sign of cancer for either of you. A double celebration. Twice the cake and ice cream.
    Stef