Treatments

missgogo
missgogo Member Posts: 58
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Question
Went to see my oncologist today. He does not know how to treat this cancer he asked me what i thought about sending me to see another doc like at a unversity medical center and I said yes. Cause this cancer came back in the scar from the removal of left breast. Some people say not to go through treatments cause the surgeon says he got it all. I am confused with this. This is the 5 time 1988, 1996, 1999 2005,& 2009 for the cancer. any suggestion.

Comments

• aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Am Sorry
    I am so sorry that your cancer keeps returning. It sounds very confusing. I would get a second opinion (which it sounds like you are doing), weigh everything and take it from there.

Good Luck
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    aztec45 said:

I Am Sorry
    I am so sorry that your cancer keeps returning. It sounds very confusing. I would get a second opinion (which it sounds like you are doing), weigh everything and take it from there.

Good Luck

I am sorry too and also
    I am sorry too and also confused. I would certainly seek another opinion. Let us know!

Wishing you the best of luck!

KYLEZ ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Wow, if your onc is
    Wow, if your onc is suggesting you see someone else, I say, definately go!! Am I reading your post correctly in that you've had cancer 5 times in this same area? Unbelievable if that is the case. Best of luck on getting this under control and please, keep us posted. Take care!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Wow, if your onc is
    Wow, if your onc is suggesting you see someone else, I say, definately go!! Am I reading your post correctly in that you've had cancer 5 times in this same area? Unbelievable if that is the case. Best of luck on getting this under control and please, keep us posted. Take care!

I agree, go somewhere else.

I agree, go somewhere else.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    A New Onc seems to be in
    A New Onc seems to be in order. wow--I'm wishing you the very best. so sorry that you have to go thru this again. My prayers are being sent your way. Hugs
  • missgogo
    missgogo Member Posts: 58
    MyTurnNow said:

Wow, if your onc is

They all have been in
    They all have been in different areas. The last time it was cancer in the left breast. My cancer start as ovarian (1988)then i female surgery (1999). Breast cancer in the right breast in(2005)then in (2008) it was in the left breast. And i went the Chemo & radiation all last years and it should back up in the scar tissue in Nov 2009. And he would like for me to see someone else.