Stomach Issues

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had major stomach issues since my BC diagnosis in April. You know running to the restroom constantly or wishing you could. It has now progressed to a point where I am missing work because I am constantly running to the restroom. The nausea, cramping, and pain is hard to deal with at times. I have been told it is caused from being on too many antibiotics, now they are thinking it is a stomach infection. Thing is, this is getting really old. Has anyone dealt with this, if so, what did you do to get relief?

Pat

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I had these problems after
    I had these problems after chemo, i was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My oncologist prescribed Prilosec, which does help. I also have to watch what i eat. You may want to keep track of what you are eating, try bland food for awhile and see if that helps. I noticed that i had some problems during the holidays. I was eating everything. I also found peppermint and ginger was soothing. Take care.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    meena1 said:

I had these problems after
    I had these problems after chemo, i was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My oncologist prescribed Prilosec, which does help. I also have to watch what i eat. You may want to keep track of what you are eating, try bland food for awhile and see if that helps. I noticed that i had some problems during the holidays. I was eating everything. I also found peppermint and ginger was soothing. Take care.

Thanks
    Thanks for the post. You are right, bland food does help but sometimes I get sick even without eating anything. Did the chemo cause the IBS?

Thanks for the post.

Pat
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    aztec45
    I was diagnosis in april as well. My problem started with Chemo. I did not much nausea.Had the bathroom problems a lot. There really was nothing that worked to well. It did go away at the end of chemo which was in November.
    Kathy