Is It Just Me, Or, Has Anyone Else Missed Going To Radiation Treatments?

13»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    fauxma said:

Katz, You gave me an idea.
    Katz,

You gave me an idea. For those that miss the rads and many of us do for whatever reasons, we could put a flood light in the ceiling fan, put the kitchen table under the ceiling fan if it is not there already, lay on the kitchen table with one or both arms above our heads and play a CD. If we need to have some make believe staff, we can ask our husbands, best friends or relatives to stand in for them. They can position us, then leave the room for a few minutes. I call it virtual radiation treatment. LOL
    Seriously, I know for me that rads meant I was actively doing something to kill the cancer. After treatments end, even when you are on the meds, it's like you aren't working at the cure.
    If anyone tries this, let me know how it worked out. Like whether they had you committed or just laughed their a55e5 off at you.
    Stef

Lmao! Stef, I love that
    Lmao! Stef, I love that idea! If it works, I might try it. Thanks for the humor!

Megan
  • Megan M
    DebbyM said:

I was the same way as you
    I was the same way as you Megan and the others. I missed it and I also felt that my safe haven was gone. I still keep in touch with the techs and I see my rads oncologist too. So, it isn't an everyday appointment like it was with rads, but, it is every month. You will feel better about this once some time has gone by.

Debby

Thanks outdoorgirl and
    Thanks outdoorgirl and debby. It was my safe haven and I am missing it bad and feel so afraid.

Megan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Stef, you need help. :-)
    I can't breathe, I'm laughing so hard....

My only challenge with your idea, Stef, is that my radiation center had cheesey taped muzak in the treatment room that played THE SAME 4 SONGS over and over and over and over....

So, to recreate my radiation experience, I'd need to not only get someone to scold me about errant stickers while I'm lying on my kitchen table (oh, and someone would also have to wave a laser pointer around to simulate the lasers shooting out of the wall and ceiling), but I'd also have to get my hands on muzak versions of "You've Got a Friend," "Groovy Kind of Love," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and "Beauty and the Beast."

Do you think someone from your planet could help me with that? :-)

Traci

I missed them bad :(
    It was my safe zone at the cancer center. And, even though it was just tiring to go everyday, it gave me a purpose, something to do to fight the beast. Plus, I would usually go shopping afterwords, or, have lunch with friends or something. I really missed it and am so glad that my relationship will continue with them forever, according to them. And, it looks like most of us feel that way Megan.

Traci, between you and Stef, you have made this very humorous! Thanks for that!

I never even thought about asking to go lay on the metal bed. I might now. I think they might get a laugh out of that too. LOL

♥ Noel
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    TraciInLA said:

My only challenge with your idea, Stef, is that my radiation center had cheesey taped muzak in the treatment room that played THE SAME 4 SONGS over and over and over and over....

So, to recreate my radiation experience, I'd need to not only get someone to scold me about errant stickers while I'm lying on my kitchen table (oh, and someone would also have to wave a laser pointer around to simulate the lasers shooting out of the wall and ceiling), but I'd also have to get my hands on muzak versions of "You've Got a Friend," "Groovy Kind of Love," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and "Beauty and the Beast."

Traci

Beauty and Beast?!
    What the heck? You mean from the Disney movie? As is, "Tale as old as Time." and "Barely even friends, THEN somebody bends, unexpectedly!"? How awful, sorry. I now have that song stuck in my head. I can't imagine how it would have been every day for weeks on end! I seriously think you should complain, Traci. Not only about the music, but about the unfriendly treatment. None of this is easy and our health care providers should help, not make us feel worse.

Mimi
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Get It
    I get it. And I love my RAD Doc although some of the RAD techs are not so nice. They act all put out at times. I admit that I have had to adjust my schedules between work and RADS but I need the insurance. The insurance pays for the RADS. It has just been so stressful trying to juggle work, RADS, family, and family responsibilities. I will miss my doc but I won't miss the daily appts. It is one less thing I have to work into my crazy schedule.

Pat
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Omg you are too funny!
    Omg you are too funny! ROFLMAO is all I can say!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Ritzy said:

ROFLMAO
    I think that is the funniest thing I have ever read Katz! Thanks for the big laugh!

I do hope they let you lay on the table some. Think they would let me too? lol

Sue :)

I missed it too! I still go
    I missed it too! I still go back for checkups monthly, so, I still see all of them. I don't know what I will do when I can't every month. Getting nervous now

KYLEZ ♥
  • Megan M
    Noel said:

I missed them bad :(
    It was my safe zone at the cancer center. And, even though it was just tiring to go everyday, it gave me a purpose, something to do to fight the beast. Plus, I would usually go shopping afterwords, or, have lunch with friends or something. I really missed it and am so glad that my relationship will continue with them forever, according to them. And, it looks like most of us feel that way Megan.

Traci, between you and Stef, you have made this very humorous! Thanks for that!

I never even thought about asking to go lay on the metal bed. I might now. I think they might get a laugh out of that too. LOL

♥ Noel

Thanks Noel. This has
    Thanks Noel. This has helped me so much to see that most of you feel the same way as I do. I didn't think I was just crazy. I did have a purpose, you are so right. I was continuing to fight the beast in me and now I am not, or, I feel I'm not. I hope that I will start to get past this soon.

Megan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aztec45 said:

I Get It
    I get it. And I love my RAD Doc although some of the RAD techs are not so nice. They act all put out at times. I admit that I have had to adjust my schedules between work and RADS but I need the insurance. The insurance pays for the RADS. It has just been so stressful trying to juggle work, RADS, family, and family responsibilities. I will miss my doc but I won't miss the daily appts. It is one less thing I have to work into my crazy schedule.

Pat

Just wondering if you are
    Just wondering if you are feeling any better Megan?

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    jnl said:

Just wondering if you are
    Just wondering if you are feeling any better Megan?

Hugs, Leeza

Thank you
    I felt better just reading all of your posts, reassuring me that I wasn't nuts. I didn't know anyone else felt this way after finishing radiation.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I guess I am normal after all.

Hugs, Megan
  • Megan M
    Katz77 said:

Abandonment
    Ill feel the same way and my last one was today. I graduated w honors. lol But now what. I get Herceptin every 2 wks, so maybe I'll wonder over to rads and they'll let me at least lay on the table. I think I need help! Katz

Congrats Katz for finishing!
    Congrats Katz for finishing! Why do you have to have Herceptin?
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Megan M said:

Thank you
    I felt better just reading all of your posts, reassuring me that I wasn't nuts. I didn't know anyone else felt this way after finishing radiation.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I guess I am normal after all.

Hugs, Megan

Yes
    you are normal Megan! Looks like most of us feel the same way. Going to rads was an everyday way to fight the beast and then when we are done, we do feel lost. But, just feel good that you accomplished radiation treatments and that you killed any stray cancer cells that were left from the surgery. That's what my radiation oncologist told me to remember always.

Debby
  • Megan M
    Kylez said:

I missed it too! I still go
    I missed it too! I still go back for checkups monthly, so, I still see all of them. I don't know what I will do when I can't every month. Getting nervous now

KYLEZ ♥

Thanks Kylez. Yes, I will
    Thanks Kylez. Yes, I will go back monthly now too for awhile, so, I will still see them. It is just a strange feeling of what do I do now?

Megan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    DebbyM said:

Yes
    you are normal Megan! Looks like most of us feel the same way. Going to rads was an everyday way to fight the beast and then when we are done, we do feel lost. But, just feel good that you accomplished radiation treatments and that you killed any stray cancer cells that were left from the surgery. That's what my radiation oncologist told me to remember always.

Debby

Bumping for bleedpink to
    Bumping for bleedpink to read about rads! Like Traci said, it did get funny.

Sue :)