Hello to all

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Sorry I haven't been on the board lately, I do read about all of you and you're in my prayers. With work and fatigue, it's hard to respond to all the posts. I am looking forward to my last chemo next Monday and anxiously waiting for the first sprout of hair! This bald look is getting old. My nail beds are hurting a bit and I hope my nails don't decide to come off after coming this far. My petscan on Feb. 4 will show if all the chemo worked. Lumpectomy and radiation will be coming up, too. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel, finally. Take care, everyone.

Comments

• LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    I'm glad you're headed down
    I'm glad you're headed down the home stretch and am praying for good news from scans!

Peace,
    Linda from Baltimore
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Glad to hear
    that you are almost done with chemo! Let us know how everything goes!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good to hear from you,
    Good to hear from you, Laurissa. Sounds like you're coming down the home stretch. Keep in touch! Take care.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Good Luck
    Good luck on you last chemo session. Just rest and get your strength back.

P
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hello to you, laurissa...
    Completion of chemo will be a huge accomplishment, and you're almost there. One more to go...

Best wishes for a clean scan on 2/4.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Hello to you, laurissa...
    Completion of chemo will be a huge accomplishment, and you're almost there. One more to go...

Best wishes for a clean scan on 2/4.

Kind regards, Susan

Laurissa
    Hey Laurissa! Good to see you back on! You will soon be done with chemo and we will all celebrate that with you!

♥ Noel
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Hi
    Glad to hear from you. My nails hurt really bad and turned white, but they did not fall off. Cracked and split and weak, but I still have them. Lost 2 toe nails though.Hang in there. Hugs
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good to hear from you!
    Hi Laurissa,

Congrats on the impending conclusion of your chemo. What an accomplishment. Best of luck on the PET scan and radiation and lumpectomy to come. It seems like everything is moving right along. Don't worry, your hair will start growing back soon and before you know it you'll drop the wig and scarves. Let us know how you're doing with everything.

Mimi
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    mimivac said:

Good to hear from you!
    Hi Laurissa,

Congrats on the impending conclusion of your chemo. What an accomplishment. Best of luck on the PET scan and radiation and lumpectomy to come. It seems like everything is moving right along. Don't worry, your hair will start growing back soon and before you know it you'll drop the wig and scarves. Let us know how you're doing with everything.

Mimi

Hey Laurissa, look really
    Hey Laurissa, look really close and you can see the flashlight shining at the end of the tunnel.....beaming you a way to follow it to the other side. Finishing chemo is such a wonderful thing, and the upcoming radiation treatments and lumpectomy will be a breeze compared to what you have already gone through. Keep in touch, and let us know when you finish. Everyone is rooting for you. Hugs. Judy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Good to hear from you,
    Good to hear from you, Laurissa. Sounds like you're coming down the home stretch. Keep in touch! Take care.

Hi Laurissa. Soon you will
    Hi Laurissa. Soon you will be done.

I love your new picture MyTurnNow! lol

Hugs, Diane ♥