doctor appt

shortscake
shortscake Member Posts: 228
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello and how is everyone? had doctor appt to day and my hgb is down to 7 i have to go on Sunday and have a blood transfusion they said it should take around 4hrs for 2units of packed red blood cells, the only time i have been given blood is when i have had surgery and it was my blood. now i know why i have been so tired and cold., wonder if it has something to do with me being in a bad mood also...lol...for the last couple of days i have been h-ll to deal with at times didn't want to be around my self....lol...hope everyone has had a good day,its cold here in Georgia and yesterday we had snow..

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hi shortscake,
    so sorry to hear about your low hgb. The blood transfusion should make you feel so much better. I've had similar problems, though have never had a transfusion. I wish you the best of luck!

Mimi
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    mimivac said:

Hi shortscake,
    so sorry to hear about your low hgb. The blood transfusion should make you feel so much better. I've had similar problems, though have never had a transfusion. I wish you the best of luck!

Mimi

hi
    i hope you get feeling better soon!

take care
    :0) teresa
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    teresa41 said:

hi

take care

Hello Shortscake
    I wish you feel better soon. Is anybody going to go with you for transfusion? Or drive you there?
    Keep us posted,
    Hugs,
    new Flower
  • shortscake

Hello Shortscake
    I wish you feel better soon. Is anybody going to go with you for transfusion? Or drive you there?
    Keep us posted,
    Hugs,
    new Flower

nope
    I am driving my self to the hospital for the transfusion i also take my self to chemo i try not to ask anyone to do anything for me right now i am able to do it all (hope it stay that way), I don't know but for some crazy reason i don't like to ask for help i have all ways been that way, I guess cancer might change that one day but for now if i can do it i do it.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Hi Shortcake
    Well at least u found out why ur feeling bad. Take care of yourself and stay warm.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

nope
    I am driving my self to the hospital for the transfusion i also take my self to chemo i try not to ask anyone to do anything for me right now i am able to do it all (hope it stay that way), I don't know but for some crazy reason i don't like to ask for help i have all ways been that way, I guess cancer might change that one day but for now if i can do it i do it.

I wish you lived near
    Then I would take you. I am like you but I tell you it gets sad alone in the hospital for me.
    I wish there would be group of cancer patients in my area, so that I could offer and also
    accept a ride or whatever needs come up.

I hope you will feel better very soon

Ayse
  • shortscake
    aysemari said:

I wish you lived near
    Then I would take you. I am like you but I tell you it gets sad alone in the hospital for me.
    I wish there would be group of cancer patients in my area, so that I could offer and also
    accept a ride or whatever needs come up.

I hope you will feel better very soon

Ayse

Ayse
    7hrs a way in a diff state.That is so sweet of you to say, and i started to cry.. the sad thing is i would let you i to think it would be fun to have a friend there with you to just talk, cry what every hits you.someone who know what you are going though just to know you have someone who is there that care. my sister works full time and have a family and my parents are not in the best of heath. my son lives 7hrs a way and is in the navy. I have friends who said they would go with me if i need them to but they don't know whats going on and after explain it for the 100 time it would drive me to kill....lol..
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Shotscake, I'll bet you
    Shotscake, I'll bet you could get someone from the American cancer society to drive you. They have a program that does provide transportation but I dont recall the name right now.

I have a local cancer support group, they brought me dinner the other nite, and I said maybe someday I can reciprocate, and the lady said to me. "this is your time to take". I've always been very independant like you, but honestly shortscake it doesnt feel so bad to get a little help here and there.

You are brave and strong, but sometimes it's also brave and strong to accept a little help. If I lived in Georgia I'd have either me or my hubby drive you to that hospital.

God bless you and let us know how you feel.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

nope

I hope the transfusion helps
    I hope the transfusion helps you shortscake! I think the name of the program with the American Cancer Society is Reach For Recovery. Just call the ACS and ask them. They do help with getting rides for you. Usually, it is a bc survivor that drives you. Good luck.

Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    teresa41 said:

hi

take care

I am praying that you feel
    I am praying that you feel much better! Post to let us know!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    natly15 said:

Shotscake, I'll bet you
    Shotscake, I'll bet you could get someone from the American cancer society to drive you. They have a program that does provide transportation but I dont recall the name right now.

I have a local cancer support group, they brought me dinner the other nite, and I said maybe someday I can reciprocate, and the lady said to me. "this is your time to take". I've always been very independant like you, but honestly shortscake it doesnt feel so bad to get a little help here and there.

You are brave and strong, but sometimes it's also brave and strong to accept a little help. If I lived in Georgia I'd have either me or my hubby drive you to that hospital.

God bless you and let us know how you feel.

Praying that the transfusion
    Praying that the transfusion helped you. The ACS can help with rides or whatever you might need. Just give them a call.

Debby
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Shortscake, it's Monday and
    Shortscake, it's Monday and I was just checking in to see how you're feeling. Better, I hope. Let us know when you feel up to it. Take care.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    MyTurnNow said:

Shortscake, it's Monday and
    Shortscake, it's Monday and I was just checking in to see how you're feeling. Better, I hope. Let us know when you feel up to it. Take care.

Hi Shortscake ♥
    We are all hoping and praying that the transfusion helped you. Post when you can.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • shortscake
    HGB
    Hello and how is everyone doing to day? well to day is Monday and i went to the doctor and my hgb is back up to 10 that's still low but better then 7, still feeling tired but he said it should get better this week, have to go and see an ENT this week the last couple of weeks i had a nose bleed. but other then that life is good lol...still cold here in GA..hope everyone had a good day.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

HGB
    Hello and how is everyone doing to day? well to day is Monday and i went to the doctor and my hgb is back up to 10 that's still low but better then 7, still feeling tired but he said it should get better this week, have to go and see an ENT this week the last couple of weeks i had a nose bleed. but other then that life is good lol...still cold here in GA..hope everyone had a good day.

Hi
    Glad that you are feeling better! It is cold here too. Get some rest!

KYLEZ ♥
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    blood transfusion
    I had a blood transfusion many years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter and had malaria. My hgb was about 15 dangerously low for a pregnant women. I had one pint and afterwards had loads of energy. It makes a difference.

I wish you well. Do try and find someone to drive you there. For me, this cancer is about asking for help and understanding where I really do need help. Wish I was there to help you but I am on the other side of the country. Do you try the American Cancer Society.

take care
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

HGB

Glad to hear that you are on
    Glad to hear that you are on the upswing. Hoping you feel much better as the week goes on. It's still very cold here in sunny North Florida, too!! Take care.
  • shortscake

blood transfusion
    I had a blood transfusion many years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter and had malaria. My hgb was about 15 dangerously low for a pregnant women. I had one pint and afterwards had loads of energy. It makes a difference.

I wish you well. Do try and find someone to drive you there. For me, this cancer is about asking for help and understanding where I really do need help. Wish I was there to help you but I am on the other side of the country. Do you try the American Cancer Society.

take care

right now
    Right now i am not asking for any help i am able to drive my self to and from treatment and any other place i have to go, I do anything that i need to have done i am just one of those people who don't like asking for help with anything, if i get to the point that i cant do it then i will ask, just hoping that day never come.
  • shortscake

blood transfusion

take care

right now
    Right now i am not asking for any help i am able to drive my self to and from treatment and any other place i have to go, I do anything that i need to have done i am just one of those people who don't like asking for help with anything, if i get to the point that i cant do it then i will ask, just hoping that day never come.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

blood transfusion

take care

you are very strong to do
    you are very strong to do this yourself but it would be good to have company. The blood should zip you up a bit.Even a friend who doesnt get it may be better than no one. My husband takes me but we really dont talk too much. He reads and I listen to my Ipod, I wish i lived in Georgia too. hope it warms up soon.