help bone pain

4joey
4joey Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
just finished chemo 4 rounds dec 15 now taking arimidex, i already have bome pain b4 this... took neulasta shots wbc what is what here

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    I'm taking arimedex too and
    I'm taking arimedex too and it does cause bone /joint pain...my onc. started me on zometa to strengthen the bones.. if the arimedex doesnt get better, we're switching drugs. I told him I'd stick it out for 3 months to see if it got better. But truthfully , with the extreme cold we're having, it's hard to say how much stiffness is from the drug! Been having muscle pain post radiation too...everything aches!
  • 4joey
    4joey Member Posts: 9
    dyaneb123 said:

I'm taking arimedex too and
    I'm taking arimedex too and it does cause bone /joint pain...my onc. started me on zometa to strengthen the bones.. if the arimedex doesnt get better, we're switching drugs. I told him I'd stick it out for 3 months to see if it got better. But truthfully , with the extreme cold we're having, it's hard to say how much stiffness is from the drug! Been having muscle pain post radiation too...everything aches!

thanks for the input
    ill ask my doctor about the zometa he only told me to take calcium and vitiam d i have kidney stones so i think we will have to use something else . and yes its hard to tell if it is the drug or just the good old north country cold that is getting in my older bones . i dont have an answer yet on my radiation i guess there lookin at all my test ill know soon i am sick of being tierd and tierd of feeling like crap.dont know what to expect from rad. cemo went really bad for me . but thank you ill ask about the zometa stay warm much health and happiness in this new year