Pomegranite Juice and BC

mizcaldwell
mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did anyone else read the article about the study regarding the effect of pomegranite juice on breast cancer? I saw a summary article that said it contains the same chemical as aramedix (the hormone drug they often prescribe for post-menopausal women). The article didn't say how much juice you'd need to consume, etc. I was wondering if anyone had more info?

Lori

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    No, I haven't seen it Lori,
    No, I haven't seen it Lori, but, it sounds interesting. Did you read it on the internet or see it in the newspaper or ?

Sue :)
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Lori
    I haven't seen it but I did hear from my nutritionist that it is great for people with breast cancer. It has great antioxidants. I have been drinking it ever since. She didn't say how much and I didn't ask. Sorry.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    helen e said:

Lori
    I haven't seen it but I did hear from my nutritionist that it is great for people with breast cancer. It has great antioxidants. I have been drinking it ever since. She didn't say how much and I didn't ask. Sorry.

I saw the article
    in the newspaper yesterday. I'll try to find a link.

(I can't find it)
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    News article
    Here's a link to a news artiicle about it: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/175411.php

It sounds promising but it's very preliminary. There's been no animal or human testing yet, just test tubes, so there is no indication how much it would take to have an impact.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    helen e said:

Lori

can you
    can you get it at the grocy story never seen it
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Yes, here's more info...
    Here's a link to some additional information. I have such a problem with AI's that this sparked some additional hope for me. You'll have to do a cut and paste to use these links. I couldn't transfer them as ready to use links. Hope this helps.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6045JT20100105 and http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20100105/pomegranates-may-stall-breast-cancer that this sparked some hope for me.

Marilynn
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Beware
    Before drinking this juice check with your doctors---I was told not to take any antioxidants while getting radiation as it messes up the free radicals and the radiation doesn't work as well.
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. And you can get some pomegranite juice in the store - it is called Pom (one brand any way).

Thanks again!
  • boppel
    boppel Member Posts: 26

Thanks!
    Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. And you can get some pomegranite juice in the store - it is called Pom (one brand any way).

Thanks again!

Juice
    Ocean Spray makes a Pomegranate/ Cranberry juice, its great.
    em :)
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    boppel said:

Juice
    Ocean Spray makes a Pomegranate/ Cranberry juice, its great.
    em :)

Ocean Spray pomegranite juice
    I like this one, too. However, know that this juice is made from concentrate and is ONLY 24% fruit juice (that is why it is more of "juice drink" rather than simply a "fruit juice").

I believe that it is better to drink juices that not made from concentrate and without all the additives, such as sugar. I also drink pomegranite tea, but this is not necessarily a pure source of pomegranite, either.

Personally, I don't like the pure fruit, but I may need to consider acquiring a taste for it.

Thanks for the info.

dmc
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    dmc_emmy said:

Ocean Spray pomegranite juice
    I like this one, too. However, know that this juice is made from concentrate and is ONLY 24% fruit juice (that is why it is more of "juice drink" rather than simply a "fruit juice").

I believe that it is better to drink juices that not made from concentrate and without all the additives, such as sugar. I also drink pomegranite tea, but this is not necessarily a pure source of pomegranite, either.

Personally, I don't like the pure fruit, but I may need to consider acquiring a taste for it.

Thanks for the info.

dmc

I have heard that pomegrante
    I have heard that pomegrante is a great antioxident. I like a pomegrante/green tea which is made by Arizona. Also, to get the best benefit, buy a fresh pomegrante. I love them, i used to eat them when i was little. Blueberries are also wonderful