Exercise and Nintendo Wii

khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So, I have been told that becoming more active after treatment is the way to go. But with the neuropathy in the feet this has become difficult. So, even though our kids are older my hubby and I bought a Wii for ourselves and I have to tell you this thing can give you a wrokout! And I am having a blast! Have been up off the couch every night since we got it and have been doing the Wii fit and all the other sport games. This thing Rocks! I can stop and take a break when needed, it tracks my progress. I couldn't be more happier that I found something to get the exercise but have fun too!
Kathy

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    We have a Wii fit also.......
    and I watch my wife work out on it..........Man, sure does make me tired watchin her. I think Im gonna go take a nap........ :)...This exercise is tough business...
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Wii
    We've had a Wii for about 3 years and I've not used it BUT I ordered a Walk it Out for the Wii. It's brand new and less than $28 on Amazon. It'll be shipped this coming week.

Meanwhile, I bought a 3 DVD set of Walk the Walk by Leslie Sansone and planned on doing that daily. The first is Miracle Mile and goes up to a 2 mile and weight loss workout. Then....

We heard of a family in an old house with no heat. The grandmother had taken in all her grand kids because of drug use. So, Jim and I decided to give them 2 of our space heaters. I called Grandma and she came to pick them up the next morning. A little girl of about 8 asked if she could use the bathroom. Grandma got in the car and the child was in there, in there, in there.... Finally she came out, slammed the door and ran quickly out of the house. Hmmmm.... I opened the door and saw the toilet overflowing with nasty paper and stuff. I grabbed a towel and threw it on the floor and rushed around the side to shut off the water....... and slipped. I hit my left thigh on the bathtub as I fell. It hurt sooooo bad and it hurt for days. It's still sore but only to the touch. I have a HUGE purple bruise. So, my plans to start were put off for a few days while my leg got better.

I'm determined to be active every day and stay healthy!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

Wii
    We've had a Wii for about 3 years and I've not used it BUT I ordered a Walk it Out for the Wii. It's brand new and less than $28 on Amazon. It'll be shipped this coming week.

Meanwhile, I bought a 3 DVD set of Walk the Walk by Leslie Sansone and planned on doing that daily. The first is Miracle Mile and goes up to a 2 mile and weight loss workout. Then....

We heard of a family in an old house with no heat. The grandmother had taken in all her grand kids because of drug use. So, Jim and I decided to give them 2 of our space heaters. I called Grandma and she came to pick them up the next morning. A little girl of about 8 asked if she could use the bathroom. Grandma got in the car and the child was in there, in there, in there.... Finally she came out, slammed the door and ran quickly out of the house. Hmmmm.... I opened the door and saw the toilet overflowing with nasty paper and stuff. I grabbed a towel and threw it on the floor and rushed around the side to shut off the water....... and slipped. I hit my left thigh on the bathtub as I fell. It hurt sooooo bad and it hurt for days. It's still sore but only to the touch. I have a HUGE purple bruise. So, my plans to start were put off for a few days while my leg got better.

Hi Diane,
    So sorry to hear

Hi Diane,

So sorry to hear of your injury, + while helping others! Good for you for helping this family + good for you for your determination to be active everyday! I have read a lot that physical activity really helps in prevention of colon cancer, as well as prevention of re-occurrance + while undergoing treatment.
  • AnneCan said:

Hi Diane,
    So sorry to hear

Hi Diane,

So sorry to hear of your injury, + while helping others! Good for you for helping this family + good for you for your determination to be active everyday! I have read a lot that physical activity really helps in prevention of colon cancer, as well as prevention of re-occurrance + while undergoing treatment.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474

Wii

Ouch
    Diane, how painful, I don't think we bounce too much anymore! I hope you feel better soon!
    Jan
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

a Wii is like an Atari, a Gameboy, an x-box, a playstation,
    nintendo, etc....its a game station that has different games and sports and exercise programs for the whole family. Its the new rave in video and game type electronic toys........

Diane, I am very sorry you fell, hope all is better soon for you...
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Wii Wii Ma Cherie
    Wii Walk it Out Info HERE

The Wii Walk it Out rewards you with new 'areas' plus 120 songs. I'd LOVE to go to Jazzercise but the classes are 20 miles each way during the time hubby gets off work. We have one car (no car note).

I'm thinking I'll walk on my trampette (mini trampoline) as long as I don't take a flying flip!

Ms R., I had the doctor look at my leg because of how awful it looks. She said taking aspirin caused it to bleed a little more than it would have and also would have helped prevent a blood clot, BUT this was not the type bruise she'd be concerned about. Thanks, tho.