One Down 5 to go!

rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had my first chemo treatment today. Wasnt near as bad as I expected. Having NO Se's yet.
Drinking alot of water eating small meals. also drinking gatorade. Go tomorrow for my neulasta shot. They are having me take a claritin before I go. They also told me to take ibuprophen for Bone pain.
I go back to work on Wed. Thanks so much for your encouragement and support. I will be counting down the treatments. If everything stays on schedule my last treatment will be on my husbands birthday. april 23rd. That is the chemo only. Then a months rest and onto radiation. One step at a time. They say the fatigue may not hit until Wed. Go figure, the day I go back to work. That evening I am scheduled to go to the feel good look better class from 6-8. I hope it's not to much........... God Bless!

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    1 down
    One down is great and I hope you continue to feel well. Please let us know how you are feeling. What type of chemo cocktail are you on?

Margo
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    You go girl!
    Congrats!! It will all be over before you know it. Get lots of rest and dont push yourself. You are really going to enjoy the look good feel better class...I loved it! You will get lots of good stuff there. Stay strong! How often you go back? Once every 3 weeks?
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Sam726 said:

You go girl!
    Congrats!! It will all be over before you know it. Get lots of rest and dont push yourself. You are really going to enjoy the look good feel better class...I loved it! You will get lots of good stuff there. Stay strong! How often you go back? Once every 3 weeks?

good to hear.
    good to hear it went well rest when you can and i agree you will like look good feel better they are fun!

take care
    :0) teresa
  • rrogers34
    Sam726 said:

You go girl!

I'm on my way
    Thank you. I am on Carboplatin, Taxotere and herceptin every three weeks for 6 (oops Now 5) Treatments. I will get herceptin every week until I am done with the Carboplatin and taxotere. Then herceptin every three weeks. Once I am done with Carbo\Tax they are giving me a month to rest up and then radiation for 7 weeks. Every experience is new and each one I get through I thank God for. I will keep you posted. My husband took a picture of me and my buz cut getting my first treatment. I smiled! It was an accomplishment.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    rrogers34 said:

I'm on my way
    Thank you. I am on Carboplatin, Taxotere and herceptin every three weeks for 6 (oops Now 5) Treatments. I will get herceptin every week until I am done with the Carboplatin and taxotere. Then herceptin every three weeks. Once I am done with Carbo\Tax they are giving me a month to rest up and then radiation for 7 weeks. Every experience is new and each one I get through I thank God for. I will keep you posted. My husband took a picture of me and my buz cut getting my first treatment. I smiled! It was an accomplishment.

First one done - Yeh!
    I am glad that your first one wasn't bad for you. I pray that they stay uneventful for you. Be sure and drink LOTS of water.

Sue :)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Ritzy said:

First one done - Yeh!
    I am glad that your first one wasn't bad for you. I pray that they stay uneventful for you. Be sure and drink LOTS of water.

Sue :)

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with your treatment. If you have any questions, there are plenty of answers right here.
  • Sam726
    rrogers34 said:

I'm on my way

Same cocktail
    Hey, you are on the same cocktail I was...I just finished up with chemo..continuing Herceptin for a yr. If you ever need advice, private message me, Im here for ya! Rock on girlfriend...
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

1 down
    One down is great and I hope you continue to feel well. Please let us know how you are feeling. What type of chemo cocktail are you on?

Margo

I know it feels good to have
    I know it feels good to have that first one done. Congrats on that and I hope that you keep feeling good.

Megan
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    yeah way to go
    congrats!! it doesn't seem that long ago I ws on here saying the exact same thing and now I am 3 down 3 to go :) xoxoxoxo Lisa
  • rrogers34
    Sam726 said:

You go girl!

Private message
    How do you private message? This is day two. I had my neulasta shot this morning. So far no really bad se's. Drinking lots of water, eating small meals, including activia. The only thing I noticed is that today when I was laying down, my heart was beating a little fast. I was laying on my rt side. I turned over to my left and it went away. I am feeling a little more tired then earlier. I did some cleaning, this morning, went to the store and my hubby took me out for breakfast. Hoping I can go to church tomorrow.
    Go back to work on wed.
  • Kim59
    Kim59 Member Posts: 43
    1 down 5 to go
    I just had my first chemo treatment on Friday so we are on the same schedule. Wasn't bad at all. I am on Taxotere/cytoxin. Looking forward to April 23 too!!

Kim
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    natly15 said:

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with your treatment. If you have any questions, there are plenty of answers right here.

So good to have #1 done.
    So good to have #1 done. Good luck with the rest of chemo.

HUGS
  • Sam726
    rrogers34 said:

Private message
    How do you private message? This is day two. I had my neulasta shot this morning. So far no really bad se's. Drinking lots of water, eating small meals, including activia. The only thing I noticed is that today when I was laying down, my heart was beating a little fast. I was laying on my rt side. I turned over to my left and it went away. I am feeling a little more tired then earlier. I did some cleaning, this morning, went to the store and my hubby took me out for breakfast. Hoping I can go to church tomorrow.
    Go back to work on wed.

Private Message
    Go to CSN home page and you can message from there...