fresh underwear during chemo

sallyf
sallyf Member Posts: 33
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just had my first chemo today (taxotere and cytoxin. I tolerated it well, but they give you sooo much IV saline and with all the H20, well..........one time I went to the bathroom, the flow started before I could sit down on the toilet! Yikes, soaked my underwear and jeans. Next time, I'm going to bring some fresh undies and other sweats! NOt a biggie, just thought I'd throw it out there!
Hugs to all, Sally

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Sally
    You might also want to

Sally

You might also want to get some Poise pads. I didn't do chemo but have had bladder issues in the past and they really do help. But a change of clothes would still be good to have on hand.
    Stef
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    fauxma said:

Sally
    You might also want to

Sally

You might also want to get some Poise pads. I didn't do chemo but have had bladder issues in the past and they really do help. But a change of clothes would still be good to have on hand.
    Stef

Hi Sally
    Stef is right. Get Poise pads. I just finished 4 cycles of C/T and had bladder issues couldn't hold it very well and the big "D" the entire time. I never left the house without a couple of changes of clothes and wore a Poise pad 24/7. It's been almost 4 weeks now and no more "D" but don't trust myself in public just yet so still wear the pad and take a change of clothes. In fact I lost a brand new pair of jeans somewhere while changing one time.

You'll get thru it, just be prepared...

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Kim59
    Kim59 Member Posts: 43
    1st chemo tomorrow
    Sally,

Thanks for the good advice. I will have my 1st chemo tomorrow, same drugs (taxotere/cytoxin) Glad to hear you did well.

How often will you have chemo?

Kim
  • sallyf
    Kim59 said:

1st chemo tomorrow
    Sally,

Thanks for the good advice. I will have my 1st chemo tomorrow, same drugs (taxotere/cytoxin) Glad to hear you did well.

How often will you have chemo?

Kim

Chemo regimen
    Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear you have to have chemo, but this is one of least severe mixtures. Just breathe, take someone with you, and let those good chemicals do their stuff : )

I will have 4 tx's total, and they are spaced 3 weeks apart.

If you feel like it, tell me more about yourself! I'll be holding you in my heart tomorrow, Kim.
    Hugs, Sally
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    sallyf said:

Chemo regimen
    Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear you have to have chemo, but this is one of least severe mixtures. Just breathe, take someone with you, and let those good chemicals do their stuff : )

I will have 4 tx's total, and they are spaced 3 weeks apart.

If you feel like it, tell me more about yourself! I'll be holding you in my heart tomorrow, Kim.
    Hugs, Sally

Sally
    I'm not taking chemo, but I do go once a month for a Zometa infusion which is administered at the chemo center. One time I had to use the rest room. I could see that the toilet seat was wet, as well as a large area on the floor. I decided I didn't have to go after all, and told one of the nurses about the situation.

Until now, I was thinking "how rude and inconsiderate, to make such a mess". We have to tolerate so many frustrations and embarrassments with our disease. This is another one I'll add to the list. Thanks for posting this. I now have a fresh understanding, and compassion for that annonymous person. Hugs to you. Gracie
  • sallyf

Sally
    I'm not taking chemo, but I do go once a month for a Zometa infusion which is administered at the chemo center. One time I had to use the rest room. I could see that the toilet seat was wet, as well as a large area on the floor. I decided I didn't have to go after all, and told one of the nurses about the situation.

Until now, I was thinking "how rude and inconsiderate, to make such a mess". We have to tolerate so many frustrations and embarrassments with our disease. This is another one I'll add to the list. Thanks for posting this. I now have a fresh understanding, and compassion for that annonymous person. Hugs to you. Gracie

Fresh undies and chemo
    Thanks everyone for your Poise recommendations and compassion about the little embarrasments! Reminds me of the time I went shopping downtown with my drain hanging out the whole time. GRoan. Oh, the little indignities : )
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Sally,
    I know this sounds bad,but especially after reading your post subject,I had to laugh! Immediately made me think of how our moms always used to tell us to make sure you were wearing clean underwear with no holes so if you had to be in the ER,your dignity was saved!
    I can remember people having to use the bathroom while going through their treatment-especially when you have to be there for a while. I was always there for about 2 and a half hours tops,but always had to go first thing when I got home.
    I bet that was embarrassing for you and I'm sorry about that..