help cleaning

barb366
barb366 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone know if there is financial help for housecleaning? I finally got the nerve to call for some help and the woman said a client with MS gets some financial assistance from the MS society. Is there something like that for cancer patients? Thanks. Barb

Comments

• teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    help
    call your local american cancer society they should be able to help you.

teresa
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    teresa41 said:

help
    call your local american cancer society they should be able to help you.

teresa

Cleaning for a Reason
    here is an email I received: I have not contacted them yet -- but plan to :)

Cleaning for a Reason

If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. http://www.cleaningforareason.org

Please pass this information on to bless a woman going through Breast Cancer treatment. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It’s our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Cleaning for a Reason
    Contact them. They will need a letter from you onc stating you are currently taking chemo. I had my house cleaned for the first time right before Christmas. They will clean your house once a month for 4 months. They did a great job.

Donna
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    I contacted cleaning for a reason weeks ago
    got an email that they were really busy and would get back to me in 10 das, that was alost 4 weeks ago, sub emails have no response
    Hope you have better luck, perhaps they are just too busy w/other peoples needs!
    I am use to the dirt!
    Peace
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Cleaning for a Reason
    I've heard good things about this company, too. I guess they're pretty busy these days. I would keep calling though. The difference a clean house can make -- especially when you didn't have to do it yourself -- is huge. Good luck.

Mimi
  • barb366
    barb366 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I
    Thanks for the info. I heard of this group before but I am off chemo. It's the hormone treatment that is hurting. Would that still qualify? I guess I will see.
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    barb366 said:

Thanks for the info. I
    Thanks for the info. I heard of this group before but I am off chemo. It's the hormone treatment that is hurting. Would that still qualify? I guess I will see.

Cleaning for a Reason
    I signed up and had my first housecleaning in Dec. It was wonderful. My sister in law, who was also diagnosed with bc shortly after my diagnosis has also signed up. Keep trying. It took my sister-in-law several attempts to even get accepted. I understood it was for anyone who was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

Judy
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    also Ellie's Angels
    Peace