Where are Bfbear, Ohilly, Babe Bussie, Phoenix Rising, tattooedinpink and so many more?

Options
survivorbc09
survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There are so many that I don't see at all anymore and haven't for weeks or months. I just pray that they are just doing so well that they don't need this board anymore and are living busy and great lives!

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I was wondering as well~ I
    I was wondering as well~ I hope that by now Ohilly has the most beautiful head of hair, and that our sweet BabeBussie is responding well to treatment. I always hope that those who stop coming in also don't need this forum anymore....

Thanks for the reminder not to forget our fellow sisters in pink.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    miss them
    I miss them as well, however I have chosen to think they are well and so busy living life that they no longer have the time to come and visit. Who knows perhaps someday they will pop in for a quick hello. Miss you ladies!

RE
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    RE said:

miss them
    I miss them as well, however I have chosen to think they are well and so busy living life that they no longer have the time to come and visit. Who knows perhaps someday they will pop in for a quick hello. Miss you ladies!

RE

I don't know, maybe they
    I don't know, maybe they have just taken a break or something. On this site there is reason to worry when we don't see a sister for a while. Hoping all is good for them.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I don't know, maybe they
    I don't know, maybe they have just taken a break or something. On this site there is reason to worry when we don't see a sister for a while. Hoping all is good for them.

I think Pammy said she was
    I think Pammy said she was taking a break, but I do miss her and all the others as well. It's like family and you hate to lose touch with any of them.
    Stef
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Here i am.....I'm still
    Here i am.....I'm still hanging in there with this damn pain of mine. I'm still going thru treatments and getting the bone infusions once a month for the mets to the bones. I'm actually thinking about doing some accupuncture to see if it helps with this pain. Has anyone ever tried it???? Hell i figure what do i have to loose, just maybe it'll work and i can have kind of normalcy back in my life.
    Sorry to have worried so many of you but sometime i feel like logging on and then sometime i dont. I happened to feel good enough to sit at the computer for a period of time and said to myself, ummmm, lets drop in on the crew and see whats been happening. I love and miss you all too and i promise to check in more often. Please holla back if anyone has done accu so i'll know if i'll go thru with it.

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Here i am.....I'm still
    Here i am.....I'm still hanging in there with this damn pain of mine. I'm still going thru treatments and getting the bone infusions once a month for the mets to the bones. I'm actually thinking about doing some accupuncture to see if it helps with this pain. Has anyone ever tried it???? Hell i figure what do i have to loose, just maybe it'll work and i can have kind of normalcy back in my life.
    Sorry to have worried so many of you but sometime i feel like logging on and then sometime i dont. I happened to feel good enough to sit at the computer for a period of time and said to myself, ummmm, lets drop in on the crew and see whats been happening. I love and miss you all too and i promise to check in more often. Please holla back if anyone has done accu so i'll know if i'll go thru with it.

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

babebussie
    Just glad your semi ok. yes check in every now and again.
    Hugs
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

Here i am.....I'm still

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

Hugs Back, Babe
    Great to hear from you, Babe. I don't know anyone who has tried accupuncture for cancer-related pain, but it would be worth a try, I'd say. Glad you felt better today. Wishing you many more good days. Thanks for posting.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Here i am.....I'm still

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

Babe
    Good to hear from you.

Babe
    Good to hear from you. Sorry about the pain. I would try the accupunture. My son in law has a bad disc in his back and swears by it. It's the only thing that have been giving him relief. If it doesn't work you aren't any worse off and if it does then hooray. And pop in now and again to say hi.
    Stef
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm still here! I often read the posts, but I guess I've been busy and my life has gone back to 'normal' (or new normal). However, I will try to post more.

January 11 will be my second cancerversary and I am going out to California to be with my sister, who I'm very close to, to celebrate it.

I still worry about recurrence, but try not to think about this. The one thing I have never really got over is the thinning of my hair from Femara, but I've learned to live with it.

How about you?

Ohilly
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    chenheart said:

I was wondering as well~ I
    I was wondering as well~ I hope that by now Ohilly has the most beautiful head of hair, and that our sweet BabeBussie is responding well to treatment. I always hope that those who stop coming in also don't need this forum anymore....

Thanks for the reminder not to forget our fellow sisters in pink.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Hair
    Chen, unfortunately my hair is still thin from the Femara, and I think will be forever so. I still feel sad when I see people with what I consider to be normal hair, but I've learned to live with my situation and now realize I could have such worse problems, right?

Thanks for asking and remembering me! I will try to post more often.

Ohilly
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Options
    ohilly said:

Hi!
    I'm still here! I often read the posts, but I guess I've been busy and my life has gone back to 'normal' (or new normal). However, I will try to post more.

January 11 will be my second cancerversary and I am going out to California to be with my sister, who I'm very close to, to celebrate it.

I still worry about recurrence, but try not to think about this. The one thing I have never really got over is the thinning of my hair from Femara, but I've learned to live with it.

How about you?

Ohilly

Lurking around
    Hi Ladies...that's what I've been doing. I don't post often because sometimes I don't think I can contribute too much, and other times I am just so overwhelmed trying to get my life back in order. To bring everyone up to speed...

This month marks the second anniversary for the breast beast. It was one year last month for the ovarian beast. I also finished school last month..it's official, I have a degree in medical transcription/medical coding. I did an internship at a state nursing home/rehab facility in medical records and have been hunting for a job. This week I started a part time minimum wage job teaching older folks to use a computer..they call them older folks, I just think they are well seasoned. I have had interviews but have no experience to prove my skills. Tomorrow I will have another interview at the local blood bank. Again it is part time, but if I put two part times together I will almost have a full time! I am still without health insurance, and also in the last 5 weeks of my unemployment.

I am scheduled for my mammo next month and still do my checkups and labwork. In fact tomorrow I will go for some lab work to check my anemia again. My labs have been consistently on the downslide all this year. And we will also do a colonoscopy. I am hoping nothing shows up there as my doctor seems to feel there might be something there causing the anemia. I am hoping nothing shows up there! I still do my MRI's for the spinal cord tumor...all has been clear there.Almost everything I have has been an inherited thing, and that has been a little hard to handle at times. But then I think how blessed I am that things have been caught in time and how blessed I am to still be here. Yes, I could worry about the possibility that there may be a time when they don't catch something, but I choose not to think that way.

I still miss my mom, it was three years since her passing last month. And I ventured out into the dating world...a blind date. The fella knew about me, but not all the details. So, when he asked I told him and he hasn't been seen since. I don't think I will be doing any dating anytime soon.

I still check in on all of you almost everyday, but your struggles are so very different than mine that all I can do is offer up a prayer instead of chiming in with a comment. I feel as if sometimes I survived all these things and got off"easy", where so many of you are struggling to go from one day to the next. It is very humbling.

I will continue to check in on all of you because I feel as if I know so many of you. You were all so giving to me with advice and support while I was being treated, just like all the ladies on the ovarian board. I will never forget ANY of you. God Bless and big hugs! Cindy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Life After Cancer...
    When our sisters depart from the board - I choose to believe that they've elected to move forward into full and busy Life After Cancer mode, without this forum. I think some need to distance themselves from the BC subject in order to heal their hearts, minds, and spirits.

Of course, I always hope that they're doing very well and are healthy.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

Here i am.....I'm still

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

Babe
    you're back! We've missed you!