Biopsy pending

DMP
DMP Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am having my "quarter" sized life-interruptor biopsied (sp) tomorrow. But for the last 2-3 days, it seems my upper arms, neck, upper back ache. Anyone ever have this? Every itch, ache and hiccup I am blaming on this thing, but maybe it's just that I'm going through the day with a smile on and inside I'm so tense I could explode! Love and peace to all.....

Comments

• cobra1122
    cobra1122 Member Posts: 244
    DMP, I have never heard of anything like you are stating except stress, and that can cause all kind of fun things. I realize it is easier to say relax, but you have to try. I was a wreck on the inside when I had my biopsy, but I was so calm on the outside. Now, I have learned to just let it be what it is and I will deal with it when I know. I was diagnosis in 08 with NSCLC in the right lung with mets to the lymphs and SCLC in the left, I had to have a needle biospy and that freaked me out almost as much as finding out the results.
    If it is cancer and they find out the type, then you start treatment, you just have to try and relax and take it one step at a time. If you read my bio, you will see I talk from experience.
    Right now you can't do anything about anything until after, and then it is one step at a time.

Our Prayers and best wishes to you and your family,
    Dan (cobra1122) and Margi Harmon
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    cobra1122 said:

DMP, I have never heard of anything like you are stating except stress, and that can cause all kind of fun things. I realize it is easier to say relax, but you have to try. I was a wreck on the inside when I had my biopsy, but I was so calm on the outside. Now, I have learned to just let it be what it is and I will deal with it when I know. I was diagnosis in 08 with NSCLC in the right lung with mets to the lymphs and SCLC in the left, I had to have a needle biospy and that freaked me out almost as much as finding out the results.
    If it is cancer and they find out the type, then you start treatment, you just have to try and relax and take it one step at a time. If you read my bio, you will see I talk from experience.
    Right now you can't do anything about anything until after, and then it is one step at a time.

Our Prayers and best wishes to you and your family,
    Dan (cobra1122) and Margi Harmon

DMP
    I know how stressful it is to await test results but Dan is right, you must try to relax and not to imagine worst case scenarios. If you need a stress-reliever such as Xanax please ask your doctor. Xanax helped take the edge off when we were awaiting my results and it's OK to ask for that type of help. Your other symptoms might just disappear once you are feeling more relaxed. All the best to you.

Dan, I LOVE the new pic of you and Margi!!
  • DMP
    DMP Member Posts: 50

DMP
    I know how stressful it is to await test results but Dan is right, you must try to relax and not to imagine worst case scenarios. If you need a stress-reliever such as Xanax please ask your doctor. Xanax helped take the edge off when we were awaiting my results and it's OK to ask for that type of help. Your other symptoms might just disappear once you are feeling more relaxed. All the best to you.

LOL, my doc did offer me
    LOL, my doc did offer me something to take the edge off, maybe I should have taken her up on that. But my hubby and I have a business, we're responsible for 20 other people and their families, and it's year end, inventory, and all that happy go lucky stuff! At least it keeping me busy! Thank you and Dan for......knowing what I'm going through!
  • cobra1122
    cobra1122 Member Posts: 244

DMP

PBJ Austin
    Thanks, we just are trying to keep life as normal as possible, with everything going on. I am very fortunate to have married Margi, because through it all she has been right there, fighting side by side with me, she is a beautiful women inside and out, she is an Occupational Therapist who has a big heart, we know my time is short, but she encourages me to stay on the site and help where I can, and I have met so many knowledgable and kind people along this journey through this site, and who would have thought a biker with tattoos all over would say the things and do the things I do, but I always have, and it is because of people like you and soccerfreaks that keep make everything worth while, along with helping people along the way.
  • mercey
    mercey Member Posts: 33
    cobra1122 said:

PBJ Austin
    Thanks, we just are trying to keep life as normal as possible, with everything going on. I am very fortunate to have married Margi, because through it all she has been right there, fighting side by side with me, she is a beautiful women inside and out, she is an Occupational Therapist who has a big heart, we know my time is short, but she encourages me to stay on the site and help where I can, and I have met so many knowledgable and kind people along this journey through this site, and who would have thought a biker with tattoos all over would say the things and do the things I do, but I always have, and it is because of people like you and soccerfreaks that keep make everything worth while, along with helping people along the way.

keep believing
    just wanted to say..keep believing in miracles. God really loves to be a miracle worker.I have myself.. a sister and my mom ..all miracle cancer survivors..Sister 18 years cancer free,, mom, 11 years, cancer free,and me 2 years..all of which drs are amazed. love to you and your wife
  • mercey
    mercey Member Posts: 33
    cobra1122 said:

PBJ Austin

keep believing
    just wanted to say..keep believing in miracles. God really loves to be a miracle worker.I have myself.. a sister and my mom ..all miracle cancer survivors..Sister 18 years cancer free,, mom, 11 years, cancer free,and me 2 years..all of which drs are amazed. love to you and your wife... sorry about posting this twice..I have a slow computer and click twice..post twice..ha..let me know if there is a way to delete these mistakes..please