Surgery soon!!!! Need Lots of prayer and to know you are there during my recovery!!!

lhb200
lhb200 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone!! Hope you are all staying warm and bundled up!! My single Mass. will be next week Saw my plastic surgeon yesterday and feel much better about the surgery. I have an unusual happening here and thought I would share with those of you that may have the same things as I do going on in you body.

I first discovered my tumor in my left beast in 2004. I had lumpectomy with lymp node extration followed by cemo and radiation. My Oncologist was very confident that we had gotten the tumor and with treatment and after 5 years clear we were home free. Wrong!!
I found another small forgeon object in the same breast, near the same area as before on Dec 15th. It was time for my annual mamo and etc. so during the mamo I pointed out the area to the tecnicion. From there we did the scan and needle biopsy. A call from my Oncologist , with a visit to his office determined that the cancer is back. Of course the shock was great for me and my doctor!!

My plan of treatment, after determining the cancer has not spread, is a single mastcetomy with immediate reconstruction. I ask for a double mastcetomy but insurance will only pay if there is cancer in the other breast. My situation is different because I have implants. The radiation did not seem to effect the implant in my left breast and I was very pleased.

My primary concern is getting rid of the cancer and that is what I told both my surgeon and plastic surgeon. My plastic surgeon will take skin and muscle from my back and replace the implant that is already in my breast. I was not looking forward to the expanders so God blessed me in letting me not have to do that. I will have multiple drains and will have to stay in the hospital 1 to 2 nights. I want to stay as long as insurance will pay so that I can be well enough to take care of myself at home. I live with my daughter and her husband which is such a blessing. They both work in the day time and I don't want them to have to take off from work to take care of me.

I feel as if I am clay on the Potters hand and He is molding me for something big that he has for me to do after this surgery. Please remember me in prayer as I pray for you all every day. No one knows the feelings that we experience but us. Even the "silly" things that we would not ask our families or Doctors we feel we can ask each other!! Thank you so much for listening to me and being there for me. I may not know you names or recognize your faces, but I have a peace of mind when I go to bed you all are there for me to talk to whenever I need to talk and you are experiencing the same feelings that I have. I don not feel alone in this because of all of you!!!! We are a family of special angels that God has chosen to be a blessing to others.

Love all you guys and God bless each and every one of you!!
Linda a Louisiana Breast Cancer Suvivor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Linda, I hear you and just
    Linda, I hear you and just wanted you to know that you will be in my thoughts. I'm looking forward to your post after surgery telling us that everything went well. Good luck with the surgery and wishing you a quick recovery. Take care.

A Florida Breast Cancer Survivor!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Linda, I hear you and just
    Linda, I hear you and just wanted you to know that you will be in my thoughts. I'm looking forward to your post after surgery telling us that everything went well. Good luck with the surgery and wishing you a quick recovery. Take care.

A Florida Breast Cancer Survivor!

Linda, I am so sorry that
    Linda, I am so sorry that your bc came back. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Debby
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    You will be in my thoughts
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sue :)
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    God Bless.........
    God Bless you Linda..........
    Prayers and best wishes to you....
    Peace be with you
  • terri805
    terri805 Member Posts: 122
    Best wishes Linda
    Sorry you have to face this again. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi ihb200
    I am so sorry that you are facing this again, but I am glad that you caught it early. I am sending loads of positive vibes your way from Tennessee. Keep us posted and I hope surgery goes well for you.

Hugs Jadie<3
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Praying for you!
    Linda,

Your journey has been a long one. Will be in prayer for you as you got thru your mastectomy and reconstruction! God Bless...

Julie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    jbug said:

Praying for you!
    Linda,

Your journey has been a long one. Will be in prayer for you as you got thru your mastectomy and reconstruction! God Bless...

Julie

I don't understand
    I don't understand why your insurance won't pay for a double mastectomy--mine did and my cancer was only in one breast--maybe that is because I have a strong family history.

Insurance companies are running our lives and they shouldn't be able to do that.

Best of luck with your surgery.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I don't understand
    I don't understand why your insurance won't pay for a double mastectomy--mine did and my cancer was only in one breast--maybe that is because I have a strong family history.

Insurance companies are running our lives and they shouldn't be able to do that.

Best of luck with your surgery.

Hugs,
    Margo

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery! Update us when you can.

Hugs, Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    jnl said:

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery! Update us when you can.

Hugs, Leeza

Luck, prayers and support
    Luck, prayers and support coming your way.
    Stef
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    fauxma said:

Luck, prayers and support
    Luck, prayers and support coming your way.
    Stef

wishing you the best
    so sorry bc is back wishing you the best!

:0) teresa
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    teresa41 said:

wishing you the best
    so sorry bc is back wishing you the best!

:0) teresa

I am sorry that your cancer
    I am sorry that your cancer is back. Sending you prayers!

Megan
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Megan M said:

I am sorry that your cancer
    I am sorry that your cancer is back. Sending you prayers!

Megan

Linda, so sorry you're going
    Linda, so sorry you're going thru this again. Will be thinking of you this week and wishing you a good outcome and quick healing. My masectomy is scheduled for late Feb. Let us know how you're doing when you're up to posting. Sending prayers up for you.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Sunrae said:

Linda, so sorry you're going
    Linda, so sorry you're going thru this again. Will be thinking of you this week and wishing you a good outcome and quick healing. My masectomy is scheduled for late Feb. Let us know how you're doing when you're up to posting. Sending prayers up for you.

Fear
    Your living the fear we all have, the cancer coming back. Prayers, Hugs, and anything else you need. We are all here for you 24/7. Please let us know how your doing.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kat11 said:

Fear
    Your living the fear we all have, the cancer coming back. Prayers, Hugs, and anything else you need. We are all here for you 24/7. Please let us know how your doing.

So very sorry that you have
    So very sorry that you have to go thru this again. My prayers are with you!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    DianeBC said:

So very sorry that you have
    So very sorry that you have to go thru this again. My prayers are with you!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Good luck and GOD bless
    What a bummer, Linda. I wonder how often (percentage wise) the cancer reoccurs after 5 clear years. I've been afraid to check for percentages of reoccurrance, just not ready to face it yet. Will you have to do chemo/rad again?

I am praying for you, Linda. And for all of us battling cancer. I feel this website has been such a Godsend for me.... KNowing other women are going through events similar to what I am encountering is so reassuring.

God bless,
    Mama G (aka Lorraine)