Going for next to last treatment for radiation in a snow storm.Am I nuts(probley).

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone I know it sounds crazy but I have a total of two treatments left of Rads.I really want to finish them.just my luck (huh) we have a snow storm moving in here in Ohio today.It hasn,t started yet so we are leaving early to get my treatment.Its been since Jun. all this started with surgerys ,test and treatments.I know most of you can relate to this.Wish me luck.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Pat
    Pat,
    Drive safely.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471

Pat
    Pat,
    Drive safely.

Hugs,
    Margo

wishing you luck
    congrats you are almost done!

:o) teresa
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I ditto Margo's
    I ditto Margo's comment...drive safely! I understand wanting to be done but your safety is also important. Wishing for the best for you!!
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Hope you took blankets in the car!
    and I hope that if the snow gets bad, you're prepared to stay in a hotel near the hospital!

Take Care! Sandy
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Hope you took blankets in the car!
    and I hope that if the snow gets bad, you're prepared to stay in a hotel near the hospital!

Take Care! Sandy

Drive safely and get that
    Drive safely and get that treatment done! We have snow coming too. :(

Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Megan M said:

Drive safely and get that
    Drive safely and get that treatment done! We have snow coming too. :(

Megan

Post and let us know when
    Post and let us know when you get back! Snowing bad here too, but, I am not going anywhere! :)

KYLEZ ♥
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Our most recent blizzard
    Our most recent blizzard went through night before last and yesterday (I-90 ws closed for about 24 hrs from us to the East). I had Chemo on Christmas Eve. The roads were already really nasty with ice/slush from the last storm with our Christmas Blizzard already on the way. Luckily I have a 4X4 so had not problems .

Be careful!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Our most recent blizzard
    Our most recent blizzard went through night before last and yesterday (I-90 ws closed for about 24 hrs from us to the East). I had Chemo on Christmas Eve. The roads were already really nasty with ice/slush from the last storm with our Christmas Blizzard already on the way. Luckily I have a 4X4 so had not problems .

Be careful!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    I am back home.
    Hi everyone.I got my treatment and just got home.the worst of the snow is comming down now.I have one more treatment.I was hoping I could finish tomorrow.But I think I will stay in and finish it Mon.Better safe then sorry.Thanks everyone.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Pat, congratulations on
    Pat, congratulations on finishing up rads! My rad techs let me come twice on the last day so I could finish on Friday! I went in the morning & in the afternoon that day. What a great feeling to be done! I hope everything else goes great for you also! Hugs & prayers sent your way....
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    ppurdin said:

I am back home.
    Hi everyone.I got my treatment and just got home.the worst of the snow is comming down now.I have one more treatment.I was hoping I could finish tomorrow.But I think I will stay in and finish it Mon.Better safe then sorry.Thanks everyone.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

Glad you're waiting 'til Monday!
    I'm so glad you made it to treatment & back safely, and that you're planning to stay home tomorrow! I agree--better safe than sorry! Take good care of yourself now.

Hugs! Sandy
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    you went for your last
    you went for your last treatment in a storm and I went for my 1st treatment in this storm. I am gonna have to do it again tomorrow, and the looks of it the storm is not going away anytime to the soon. Its 45 min to the hospital on a good day.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kat11 said:

you went for your last
    you went for your last treatment in a storm and I went for my 1st treatment in this storm. I am gonna have to do it again tomorrow, and the looks of it the storm is not going away anytime to the soon. Its 45 min to the hospital on a good day.

Pat
    Glad you will be going

Pat
    Glad you will be going Monday. You are so right. There is no point in going out in a bad storm and risking an accident when Monday will work just as well. Happy that will be your last. Hooray for you.
    Stef