phoebe1017

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I don't know where you live but there may be some help around. There is a device being tested. I can't remember exactly, chemo has me all foggy, I think it's ELAD. It's basically an artificial liver. I'm not sure of the criteria for treatment but you should definitely look into it. I'm pretty sure that if you don't qualify for trials in the US, you can probably go to china and pay for it. I know that sounds like a long shot but it's a shot.

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    ELAD
    I never knew there was such a thing as an artificial liver. Would they remover the liver, use the artificial liver, and await a liver transplant? Thanks for the info - Tina
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    geotina said:

ELAD
    I never knew there was such a thing as an artificial liver. Would they remover the liver, use the artificial liver, and await a liver transplant? Thanks for the info - Tina

Like dialysis
    I think it is more like dialysis. They just filter your blood for a few weeks to give your liver time to rejuvenate. Or to keep you alive long enough to get a transplant.
  • phoebe1017
    phoebe1017 Member Posts: 37
    snommintj said:

Like dialysis
    I think it is more like dialysis. They just filter your blood for a few weeks to give your liver time to rejuvenate. Or to keep you alive long enough to get a transplant.

Very Interesting
    I've never heard of the ELAD either. I'm definately going to look into this. I appreciate all your input!!!