Not BC related

lynn1950
lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OK friends - I've been away for a bit. I fell down a hole over winter break...I'm not sure why. Today I handed in an application for a newly vacated position in my district. It's a real long shot, because I'm not entirely qualified for it, but it is what I love doing best - teaching struggling readers! Your warm thoughts and prayers are definitely appreciated! Thanks. Lynn

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Prayers and positive energy
    Prayers and positive energy are beaming your way.
    Stef
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Just glad you're back, Lynn!
    How dare you say that you're not entirely qualified for a job doing the work you love best?

Lynn, you could get every possible teaching certification from every university in this country and it still wouldn't hold a candle to your patience, your love of learning, and your abounding care for other people... all qualities of yours which couldn't be taught by a platoon of textbook-wielding professors.

Tell the district that if they don't hire you it will be the biggest mistake of the decade. And if that doesn't impress them, tell them the evil Professor Aoriarty will be stopping by with 10,000 starving turquoise guppies!

Again, welcome back!
    Joe
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Aortus said:

Just glad you're back, Lynn!
    How dare you say that you're not entirely qualified for a job doing the work you love best?

Lynn, you could get every possible teaching certification from every university in this country and it still wouldn't hold a candle to your patience, your love of learning, and your abounding care for other people... all qualities of yours which couldn't be taught by a platoon of textbook-wielding professors.

Tell the district that if they don't hire you it will be the biggest mistake of the decade. And if that doesn't impress them, tell them the evil Professor Aoriarty will be stopping by with 10,000 starving turquoise guppies!

Again, welcome back!
    Joe

Lynn ♥

I am in your corner cheering for you!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    You never know until you
    You never know until you try!!! I'm sending positive energy your way, too!! Good luck.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Teaching struggling readers!
    Teaching struggling readers! The best job ever! I remember seeing a PBS documentary eons ago about teachers using the old **** and Jane books in public schools. The thing that stood out the most for me was the teacher reminiscing about a breakthrough she had with one of the kids.
    After teaching and teaching and teaching a struggling reader, he finally got it! His ephiphany came in the form of saying this to his teacher: "Reading is just like talk wrote down!" That has always stayed with me~ reading truly is talk wrote down! :-) Not just a series of unrelated words haltingly strung together, but talk! I loved that brilliant, childlike explaination!

So, hold out your hand; we will steady you and hopefully keep you from slipping back into that hole again~and besides, your beautiful Breck Girl hair will get all messed up!

I second absolutely everything Aortus said about you, by the way; you never fail to bring empathy, wisdom and courage to the boards.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Maybe I'm showing my
    Maybe I'm showing my ignorance but can't think why you wouldn't be qualified for a job like that. If you love doing that then you've got to be better than anyone else.

I find when I fall in a hole I answer a question or two here and it's like grabbing a rope and pulling yourself out.

Sending positive vibes.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sending strong vibes!!!!
    ...and more than a few prayers!!!

It's very healthy to want to stretch your comfort envelope!!! I did, 18 years ago, a divorced mom with 2 special needs daughters, no child support...and, my computer business not only lasted the first 'scary' 3 years, but supported me all the way thru!!!

Hugs and prayers, Kathi
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts your way. Take care. Marilyn
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    how was Alice and the gang?
    Lynn, hope you are well, and sending good wishes your way! I can only say "ditto" to all previous comments.
    Cat