Prayers answered - Thank you Sisters!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is an update to my "Prayers Needed - Not BC related" thread from last week.

I wanted to let you know that I had a very good conversation with my boss, Roxanne, about how their family is doing after the tragic loss of her niece and grand-niece a few days before Christmas.

She wanted to extend her thanks for all of the prayers I told her were coming their way from my dear sisters as well as other family and friends. She really appreciated the good thoughts.

She also expressed such lovely visual to me that I wanted to pass it on. It may even be helpful for those of you that have lost people near and dear to them recently.

When Roxanne spoke to her sister, Rene, about the visions Rene was getting in the middle of the night of finding her daughter and granddaughter in their home, Roxanne reminded her of the experience they had when they lost another of their sisters to uterine cancer several years ago. Their sister was close to death and in the hospital, only able to respond via hand squeezes, and with her daughter at her side suddenly sat up and began to speak about how beautiful everything was, and how she wanted to go there. She was smiling and seemed very happy with the anticipation of where she was headed. After a few moments, she lay back down, and indicated through squeezing her daughter's hand that she wanted her husband. Once he was by her side, she told him she loved him, and then passed.

Roxanne encouraged Rene to, as soon as she could when she had her horrible night visions, replace that vision with the vision of her daughter and granddaughter in that beautiful place their sister had shared with them. With Rene's husband (who passed 10 years ago) and their sister up there to love and care for them the way they were cared for here.

I just thought that was such a powerful and uplifting way to see things, and was encouraged to see the healing already starting to take place in this wounded family. I hope that this visual may be of some help to those who are also dealing with recent, or not so recent, losses in their own lives.

I really think that the prayers this family has received are helping them in their healing process. Thanks again!

Cindy

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I believe there is a better
    I believe there is a better place than this also. I hope the ones I leave behind will remember this when that time comes. Meanwhile I'm doing the best I can here. So when I'm gone don't cry for me because I've got my wings (just a figure of speech).
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Marcia527 said:

I believe there is a better
    I believe there is a better place than this also. I hope the ones I leave behind will remember this when that time comes. Meanwhile I'm doing the best I can here. So when I'm gone don't cry for me because I've got my wings (just a figure of speech).

Thank you Cindy ♥
    I personally thank you Cindy for sharing this with us. I also dream of images when I feel so sad at losing my Mother this year. I envision her dancing with my Father, finally together again and very much in love and happy!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I FIRMLY believe that I am here....
    because so many people were thinking good thoughts, and picturing me better, and praying. And, I visualized many times places I would visit AFTER the treatment was over...

I also carry many people in my heart....my daughter's death was 3 hours from now, 3 years ago, for instance. I picture her laughing...and saying 'Mom!'....

Hugs, Kathi
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    KathiM said:

I FIRMLY believe that I am here....
    because so many people were thinking good thoughts, and picturing me better, and praying. And, I visualized many times places I would visit AFTER the treatment was over...

I also carry many people in my heart....my daughter's death was 3 hours from now, 3 years ago, for instance. I picture her laughing...and saying 'Mom!'....

Hugs, Kathi

I believe so very strongly
    I believe so very strongly in God and Heaven that I have no fear in death and even though it hurts to lose someone you love, I know that they are in a perfect world with our Lord, and that someday I will be with them again. That can get you thru a lot of pain, faith.

I pray that your boss's family continues to heal Cindy.

Sue :)
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Thanks for sharing the story
    Thanks for sharing the story and hope God continues to give them the strength they need. I want to be remembered for the grace I have shown in unfortunate circumstances and not be defined by this beast. Bless us all. Take care. Marilyn
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Ritzy said:

I believe so very strongly
    I believe so very strongly in God and Heaven that I have no fear in death and even though it hurts to lose someone you love, I know that they are in a perfect world with our Lord, and that someday I will be with them again. That can get you thru a lot of pain, faith.

I pray that your boss's family continues to heal Cindy.

Sue :)

Ritzy I so agree with you.

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Thanks for sharing the story
    Thanks for sharing the story and hope God continues to give them the strength they need. I want to be remembered for the grace I have shown in unfortunate circumstances and not be defined by this beast. Bless us all. Take care. Marilyn

Praying for them still!
    Thanks Cindy for posting this to us. I am still praying for these poor people who have been thru so much.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Cindy
    It sounds like your boss and her family have been through such an incredible tragedy. I'm glad she is finding comfort in prayers and memories of her sister's passing. Although I am ambivilent about the existence of an afterlife myself, I think other people's faith is beautiful. And I'm with Marcia, I want my loved ones to celebrate when I go.

Mimi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    natly15 said:

Thank you Cindy
    I believe there is no better place to be than with our Lord God. Once they get past the hurt and start to heal, I pray that they find peace in that.

Lex♥