Gardening Tips.......From Auntie Tash

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Don't throw away Old, Worn Out Socks........They can be most useful in protecting Cucumbers, Marrows and Courgettes during the harsh winter months.

Multi-Purpose compost.......?????????????????? What are the OTHER purposes you can use this for? All I can think of is GROWING PLANTS IN!?????????

All not-sensible answers appreciated... LOL Jxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Gee, Auntie Tash, I haven't
    Gee, Auntie Tash, I haven't got a clue. Maybe they should rephrase that.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Tasha
    Well, let's see. I

Tasha

Well, let's see. I think that my cucumbers were just asking about old socks but they don't like ones with holes in them. And multi-purpose compost can have many uses. There is the obvious for growing plants, but compost could be used for a floor covering instead of more expensive carpeting, tile and hardwood and you don't have to sweep up the dirt because it is dirt. See there is another use. Always glad to help enlighten. LOL
    Stef
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Here in the States
    Sometimes we dress the compost up in a suit and tie and nominate it for political office. All too often, the compost wins the election.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

Here in the States
    Sometimes we dress the compost up in a suit and tie and nominate it for political office. All too often, the compost wins the election.

Aortus,
    That had me laughing

Aortus,
    That had me laughing out loud. I knew there were more uses for compost.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Aortus said:

Here in the States

I actually snorted when I
    Joe, I actually snorted when I read your post. BIG smile! Lynn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Aortus said:

Here in the States

How true it is!!!! I'm
    How true it is!!!! I'm still laughing.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    MyTurnNow said:

How true it is!!!! I'm
    How true it is!!!! I'm still laughing.

LOL
    Joe, Steff........ way too funny! I LIKE IT!

Hugz jlzz xxxxxxx
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    fauxma said:

Tasha
    Well, let's see. I

Tasha

Well, let's see. I think that my cucumbers were just asking about old socks but they don't like ones with holes in them. And multi-purpose compost can have many uses. There is the obvious for growing plants, but compost could be used for a floor covering instead of more expensive carpeting, tile and hardwood and you don't have to sweep up the dirt because it is dirt. See there is another use. Always glad to help enlighten. LOL
    Stef

Funny Stef!
    Also, if used in this way, you wouldn't have to buy air freshener, because what would be the point? Plus, you'd probably save on entertaining costs because nobody would come to visit!