meeting radiation doc tomorrow

misann
misann Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, I'm a little nervous about my appointment tomorrow....er....today... Obviously not sleeping but not sleeping is becoming a "norm" in my life. It's amazing how lonely it is at this hour of the day. Any bits of encouragement to help me through my appointment will be appreciated.
Love,
Missy

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Fear not, Missy
    My beloved Moopy had two radiation oncologists: the one here in town, Dr. Nathan Kim, who referred Moopy to another one, Dr. Marie Taylor, at Washington University in St. Louis. Both of them are not only learned physicians, but also wonderful human beings. Both did a wonderful job of explaining what would be happening and what to expect. We'll be seeing Dr. Taylor up in St. Louis again next month, and we're both looking forward to seeing her again. I am sure that your radiation oncologist will be exactly the same kind of person. If someone goes into medicine just to be called "Doctor" and make lots of money, they sure don't go into oncology.

Wishing and praying for all the best for you,
    Joe
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Aortus said:

Fear not, Missy
    My beloved Moopy had two radiation oncologists: the one here in town, Dr. Nathan Kim, who referred Moopy to another one, Dr. Marie Taylor, at Washington University in St. Louis. Both of them are not only learned physicians, but also wonderful human beings. Both did a wonderful job of explaining what would be happening and what to expect. We'll be seeing Dr. Taylor up in St. Louis again next month, and we're both looking forward to seeing her again. I am sure that your radiation oncologist will be exactly the same kind of person. If someone goes into medicine just to be called "Doctor" and make lots of money, they sure don't go into oncology.

Wishing and praying for all the best for you,
    Joe

I agree, Missy ... do not be afraid!
    Ah, no sleep ... we do get quite acquainted with it, don't we? You're not alone in the wee hours! :)

I met with a radiation onocologist a couple of months ago and it was ... while I cannot call it a highlight ... because none of what we're going through is good nor fun ... I felt honored to have met such a man. He spent an hour and a half with me, was honest, forthright, kind ... It was encouraging to find out that there are such compassionate, kind doctors in the world. They are out there!

I did feel overloaded with information, though! Either take someone with you who can be your second set of ears or take some paper, or a little recorder so you can catch everything he says.

If by any chance you don't feel comfortable with him, like him, there are always others you can go to. Praying that the visit goes well.

Peace upon your heart and mind,
    dh
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I agree, Missy ... do not be afraid!
    Ah, no sleep ... we do get quite acquainted with it, don't we? You're not alone in the wee hours! :)

I met with a radiation onocologist a couple of months ago and it was ... while I cannot call it a highlight ... because none of what we're going through is good nor fun ... I felt honored to have met such a man. He spent an hour and a half with me, was honest, forthright, kind ... It was encouraging to find out that there are such compassionate, kind doctors in the world. They are out there!

I did feel overloaded with information, though! Either take someone with you who can be your second set of ears or take some paper, or a little recorder so you can catch everything he says.

If by any chance you don't feel comfortable with him, like him, there are always others you can go to. Praying that the visit goes well.

Peace upon your heart and mind,
    dh

Hope today went well!
    You have probably already gone for your appointment, so, I will just wish you good luck. There is nothing to fear about rads. It kills any stray cancer cells and that is what you want. I loved my team at the cancer center.

Leeza
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Hope it went well!
    I hope your appointment well well, Missy! I've already met my radiation doc (even though I just started chemo) and I found just what the others mentioned--someone who is kind and caring. I hope you do, too.

Sandy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Hope it went well!
    I hope your appointment well well, Missy! I've already met my radiation doc (even though I just started chemo) and I found just what the others mentioned--someone who is kind and caring. I hope you do, too.

Sandy

Hi Missy! I hope that your
    Hi Missy! I hope that your appointment went well for you. I also loved my team for rads. They even had a huge Christmas party and my husband and I went. Praying that your team will be the same. Update us on how it went.

KYLEZ ♥