Am now taking Aromisen

JudyAS
JudyAS Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. If you will remember I am the one that had a mastectomy, then radiation, and two weeks later started bleeding under the skin. Then went from that to an infection, was put on Arimidex for 36 days but could not stand the
pain so went off it. Now the infection is cleared up, I hope, but my chest really looks awful. It is not only very very dark brown, almost burnt looking, but the red stricks going up my chest and over into my other breast I guess will never go away. That was from the bleeding and infection. But I am now on Aromasin and it seems to be doing okay.
I am starting to feel more like a human again. My Oncology Medical Doctor told me I was "atypical". I didn't know what that meant until he said, he has never in all his years had a patient go through what I have. But look I am still here and know I am going to be okay. God Bless all of you, hope we have a wonderful 2010. Lots of good health.
Love You All,
Judy

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Judy--it's good to hear from you!!
    I hope that the Aromasin works well for you and your days of being "atypical" have come to an abrupt end. It's tough being in that group, or in the less than 1%, (I know because I am in the latter group). Personally, I don't like being so unique and I am certain that you feel the same way.

Wishing you a much healthier new year.
    dmc
  • JudyAS
    dmc_emmy said:

Judy--it's good to hear from you!!
    I hope that the Aromasin works well for you and your days of being "atypical" have come to an abrupt end. It's tough being in that group, or in the less than 1%, (I know because I am in the latter group). Personally, I don't like being so unique and I am certain that you feel the same way.

Wishing you a much healthier new year.
    dmc

Thank you dmc
    Thank you for responding. No it isn't fun being in that 1% but hopefully things are going to be better this year. At least that is what I have made up my mind it is going to be. I hope for a wonderful, healthy New Year to you also. I know we can co it.
    God Bless, Judy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    JudyAS said:

Thank you dmc
    Thank you for responding. No it isn't fun being in that 1% but hopefully things are going to be better this year. At least that is what I have made up my mind it is going to be. I hope for a wonderful, healthy New Year to you also. I know we can co it.
    God Bless, Judy

Judy
    I am glad that you are doing better. We all "atypical" here, and I hope our doctors can find better explanation and give us better care.
    I had "bad luck" more than once during my journey with cancer and completely understand your pain.
    Please stay connected and visit us more often.
    Hugs.
    New Flower
  • JudyAS

Judy
    I am glad that you are doing better. We all "atypical" here, and I hope our doctors can find better explanation and give us better care.
    I had "bad luck" more than once during my journey with cancer and completely understand your pain.
    Please stay connected and visit us more often.
    Hugs.
    New Flower

New Flower
    Thank you for the reply. This "atypical" sucks, doesn't it. I hope things have calmed down now and hope these doctors understand. It isn't fun being in our catagory. I didn't even know what the doctor meant at first when he told me I was atypical. But when he said he had never in all his years of a Medical Oncology doctor had never had a patient like me, boy that sort of scared me at first. So I figure, okay, I am different but know there are a lot of others like you out there that are just like me. Take care.

Hug To You,
    Judy