Please lay it on the line

GOOFYLADIE
GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
This is a new year and I want each and every one of you to grow as an individual, as a healthier patient, as a person who is in charge, as a family.
My dad always told me people don't know if you don't tell them. Now at 43 years old, I know the repercussions (spelling) of hurting someones feelings, letting someone down, being the strong one, keeping those 40 plates spinning. The number one problem with everything breaks down to COMMUNICATION.
No matter what we think they might feel, do or say, we guess-timate what should be our correct choice sometimes we are right. Sometimes we hurt alot, sometime they hurt.
So I just want to tell my Semis to please be frank, open and trust in what will come. No one will always be happy with our choices and we have to look out for ourselves and family. That means including family when we make our choices.
Take care and happy new year to the Semi-colons!!!!!
Make it a great Day!
Goofyladie (Cass)
JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT
GOD BLESS

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Cass........
    Thank you....I think that Semis do lay it on the line. I think thats why we can actually get along so well, because we keep whatever is bothering us out in the open to be dealt with immediately instead of festering until it blows...there are a lot of individuals that could learn a lot from coming in here for a while and listening to what goes on...and you also have a Happy New Year.....Love and Hope, Buzz
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Buzzard said:

Cass........
    Thank you....I think that Semis do lay it on the line. I think thats why we can actually get along so well, because we keep whatever is bothering us out in the open to be dealt with immediately instead of festering until it blows...there are a lot of individuals that could learn a lot from coming in here for a while and listening to what goes on...and you also have a Happy New Year.....Love and Hope, Buzz

I Know
    I sure don't hold things back :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Good thoughts
    Cass,

Those are some good thoughts. I tell you what, though. Some of my family might think I'm too free with my thoughts and emotions. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    i agree!
    One of the first things I told my husband when I was diagnosed and so in shock was that this was the time for honesty. The good, the bad and the ugly, we need to be honest with each other about the big things and the little things.

We are not mind readers, we all should say what we mean and mean what we say!

Peggy
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Thank you Goofyladie
    What a great reminder.

Brooks
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I try to think a minute....
    before saying something that is not a firm belief for me....and could it, by my casual speaking of it, hurt the listener....

I do agree that when something is important, we all need to speak up...but I guess I'm the old lady in that I have seen a casual word, spoken without thought, needlessly hurt and cut...I've had enough of them said to me during my cancer, heaven knows!

But, the lesson I have learned is that when I am on the receiving end, I speak up (something I didn't used to do), and let the speaker know that it hurt me...

Hugs, Kathi
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Shayenne said:

I Know
    I sure don't hold things back :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Donna
    Donna,

No, you don't! BTW, I laughed so hard when you talked about on the thread about juicers how when you first went to clean your Omega 8005 how the inside part looked just like a dildo. You are so funny! Maybe I'll decide on an Omega for my juicer just to see what you're talking about-lol!!

Take care-
    Lisa :)
  • GOOFYLADIE
    Thanks for comments and
    This was to remind you, that it doesn't have to get hell or highwater at home. You can open your mind and heart and let go with those you love. Share exactly what is going on. For instance, my mom when I told her I could have cancer or the 30 other things, the only thing she for got about me saying cancer. She was so afraid of cancer that it tore her apart before we got the chance to talk it over, share what the doctors said, and so on. In what started out very miserable because when the doctors told me definitely, she said Cass you never even mentioned cancer, but I had my brothers and husband there. They all remember the conversation. She was just not wanting it to be cancer.
    Anyway, during chemo she would drive me thru for my whopper jr. on our 2 hr drive to infusion and then we would giggle and be stupid at the oncology office and then go have spicy mexican food and I always had her take me to at least one store no matter how green I was. It made her feel like things were a little normal. We became great friend and she learned that our words aren't meant to hurt, just communicate what is going on. And yes stuff still gets criss crossed from time to time. But we love each other because not in spite of!!! Get where I am going?
    I have hurdled storms, some I have just shoved my way thru because going around, Wheres the lesson? If you can't be open, even more open than they like thats their problem. Not yours. This is honesty, not vengence or payback,that is not anywhere in the picture. It's loving someone while getting thru your storm an beyond!
    I don't mean open on the board, I mean open at home and every where in our daily lives. God Bless and Make it a Great Day!!
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • GOOFYLADIE
    tootsie1 said:

Good thoughts
    Cass,

Those are some good thoughts. I tell you what, though. Some of my family might think I'm too free with my thoughts and emotions. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail

NEVER
    I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! I love hearing from you! Thank you so much!
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Thanks for comments and
    This was to remind you, that it doesn't have to get hell or highwater at home. You can open your mind and heart and let go with those you love. Share exactly what is going on. For instance, my mom when I told her I could have cancer or the 30 other things, the only thing she for got about me saying cancer. She was so afraid of cancer that it tore her apart before we got the chance to talk it over, share what the doctors said, and so on. In what started out very miserable because when the doctors told me definitely, she said Cass you never even mentioned cancer, but I had my brothers and husband there. They all remember the conversation. She was just not wanting it to be cancer.
    Anyway, during chemo she would drive me thru for my whopper jr. on our 2 hr drive to infusion and then we would giggle and be stupid at the oncology office and then go have spicy mexican food and I always had her take me to at least one store no matter how green I was. It made her feel like things were a little normal. We became great friend and she learned that our words aren't meant to hurt, just communicate what is going on. And yes stuff still gets criss crossed from time to time. But we love each other because not in spite of!!! Get where I am going?
    I have hurdled storms, some I have just shoved my way thru because going around, Wheres the lesson? If you can't be open, even more open than they like thats their problem. Not yours. This is honesty, not vengence or payback,that is not anywhere in the picture. It's loving someone while getting thru your storm an beyond!
    I don't mean open on the board, I mean open at home and every where in our daily lives. God Bless and Make it a Great Day!!
    Goofyladie (Cass)

Bravo young lady.......
    Good for you Cass and thanks for the life lesson...I need all those I can get...Very good read...
  • GOOFYLADIE
    Buzzard said:

Bravo young lady.......
    Good for you Cass and thanks for the life lesson...I need all those I can get...Very good read...

The lessons
    Well I don't look for the lessons, I am just stubborn, hard headed and I'll be damned if someone is going to tell my I can't do something.PERSEVERANCE!!!!Sometimes you just do it come hell or high water. Then that stupid lesson thing pops up all on its own.LOL
    Make it a Great Day! Goofyladie (Cass)
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    lisa42 said:

Donna
    Donna,

No, you don't! BTW, I laughed so hard when you talked about on the thread about juicers how when you first went to clean your Omega 8005 how the inside part looked just like a dildo. You are so funny! Maybe I'll decide on an Omega for my juicer just to see what you're talking about-lol!!

Take care-
    Lisa :)

Do It!
    Lisa, you won't be sorry! LOL! it's a nice size too. and no batteries required LOL!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna