You are all angels

Options
rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just wanted to tell all of you how much your support means to me. I feel blessed to have found you. Sometimes I read posts and feel comfort, sometimes I read posts and get terrified. I suppose that is because I have yet to begin my chemo. I read posts and often feel bad because I dont know what to say, but stay strong. I feel that is inadequate because I have yet to experience the things most of you have. I pray and remember you all in my prayers. You are all very very special and you are the angels of Breast Cancer. You give hope, strenght wisdom. You listen and encourage. You pray for people you dont even know, yet I feel the prayers are real and heart felt. sometimes I wish we all could meet face to face. I will one day put a picture of myself so you can see the face with the name. My name is Becky. If it were not for Jesus Christ and you, I dont know what i would do. It saddens me everytime I see a new person who has been recently diagnosed, or someone who has had a recurrence. I have to say as time gets closer for my chemo, the more anxious I get. Prayer and xanax is helping with all of that. Not to mention all of you. I thank each of you for caring and responding. for understanding my fears and comforting me. For reminding me that just because there are awful se's, each of us are different and that does not mean I will get them all. Yet I feel bad for those who do have the bad ones. i find the words to express what is in my heart. I hope I can be of encouragement to you as you have been to me. Next week is a big week for me. Monday my follow up with the surgeon, tuesday I am getting fitted for a wig, wed i get my head shaved, Thursday I have mu port put in and 9:30 Friday morning I have my first round of chemo. Needless to say I am terrified. Please remember me in your prayers. I hope that as I begin my journey I will have words of wisdom, encouragement and if nothing else, I can pray (which to me is the best thing I can do). I promise to listen, and to be there for each of you as you have for me. Thank you for being such wonderful people with hearts so huge. I really feel connected to you. Thanks again and Have a wonderful New Years.

Becky

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Becky,
    What a poignantly

Becky,

What a poignantly beautiful post! Of course many of us feel the same way, and your eloquence put the feelings of so many of the sisters into words. Thank you for that.

As the Kindred Spirits here know, I love using quotes which I have either made up, or "stolen" from movies/books. One that I use most, and have on my checks and as a signature on my emails is, "Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At." I needed strength to do battle with the beast, and anger zapped my strength in a ♥beat!

And, from the movie The Great Debaters, I love "We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do." That pretty much sums up the cancer journey, doesn't it??! LOL

None of us ever wanted to be diagnosed with BC, that's for sure. But the women(and men) on these boards have such a wealth of encouragement and knowledge, and empathy . There is always someone a few steps in front of us to hold our hands and help us to maneuver our way to life after cancer.

Happy New Year to you~ know that as frightened as you may be, every day of treatment is one down to your actually FINISHING ! And that is a wonderful thing....

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Becky
    Well said, you speak for many of us I am sure...

Wishing You All A Happy, Healthy New Year!

Dot
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Becky
    Well said, you speak for many of us I am sure...

Wishing You All A Happy, Healthy New Year!

Dot

Thank You, that was
    Thank You, that was beautiful. You are stronger than you think and you will get through this, I will keep you in my prayers, let us know how you are doing.. take care