DMC's Daughter....Responding to the Elfin Chin Posts

Options
dmc_emmy
dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dear friends of my mom (dmc_emmy),

I have read all of the posts of those who wrote in response to the passing of my little Elfin Chin. I am so so very appreciative of your kind words and they are reassuring. Elfin Chin was a very special part of my life, as I had him since I was 13 (I am now 22)--almost half my life. We shared many important memories together. Again, thank you for your posts. May God bless you all and may you have a blessed season and new year.

Jessica

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Dear Jessica...
    Nice of you to post your appreciation for the kind words of condolences expressed by many here for the loss of your little Elfin Chin. He was, indeed, a precious cutie.

There are many, many dog lovers amongst this wonderful group - as you can tell by all the ID photos. My own photo is of Abigail, the first dog of my own. She lived to be nearly 14 years old. Beloved canine soulmate, and my only 24/7 companion during the very worst year of my life - cancer treatment. I use her photo here to honor that memory, and in the hopes that her sweet face might bring a smile and solace - even if just for a moment - to my sisters who are experiencing their own difficulties. So that her legacy of comfort continues.

I explain this so you know just how much I understand your loss and grief. When the time is right, I encourage you to find a way to honor Elfin Chin's memory. You will always have your memories. And time will help to heal your heart.

And some day, you will open your heart to another dog. Just like your Mom did. As I type, I see pretty Emmy's face. Curled up in repose, but with eyes and ears alert - ever aware of the people around her. We learn to love them all equally, even if differently.

Best wishes to you, Jessica. With hopes for good health, for you and your family, in the New Year - and always.

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Dear Jessica...
    Nice of you to post your appreciation for the kind words of condolences expressed by many here for the loss of your little Elfin Chin. He was, indeed, a precious cutie.

There are many, many dog lovers amongst this wonderful group - as you can tell by all the ID photos. My own photo is of Abigail, the first dog of my own. She lived to be nearly 14 years old. Beloved canine soulmate, and my only 24/7 companion during the very worst year of my life - cancer treatment. I use her photo here to honor that memory, and in the hopes that her sweet face might bring a smile and solace - even if just for a moment - to my sisters who are experiencing their own difficulties. So that her legacy of comfort continues.

I explain this so you know just how much I understand your loss and grief. When the time is right, I encourage you to find a way to honor Elfin Chin's memory. You will always have your memories. And time will help to heal your heart.

And some day, you will open your heart to another dog. Just like your Mom did. As I type, I see pretty Emmy's face. Curled up in repose, but with eyes and ears alert - ever aware of the people around her. We learn to love them all equally, even if differently.

Best wishes to you, Jessica. With hopes for good health, for you and your family, in the New Year - and always.

Kind regards,
    Susan

Dogs in heaven
    In the famous words of Will Rogers, if there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where the dogs went. I can't help but believe that the God who put these animals here to enrich our lives here will reunite us in the life to come. Not all of the faces I hope will be there to greet me when my time comes will be human - not by a long shot.

Best,
    Joe
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Aortus said:

Dogs in heaven
    In the famous words of Will Rogers, if there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where the dogs went. I can't help but believe that the God who put these animals here to enrich our lives here will reunite us in the life to come. Not all of the faces I hope will be there to greet me when my time comes will be human - not by a long shot.

Best,
    Joe

Here Here,
    I want to go to Rainbow Bridge, when the time is right.... I'd rather be with my beloved companions than sitting on a cloud. Jxxxxxxxxx