Prostate Surgery with Heart Condition

marc
marc Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I am caretaker to a person with upcoming surgery. There is concern, due to a heart condition. Has anyone experienced this? Were the types of anesthesia discussed, altered for you? Any suggestions? Thank-you.

Comments

• 2375dgg
    2375dgg Member Posts: 29
    cONSIDER BRACHYTHERAPY.
  • JLM
    JLM Member Posts: 15
    Yes, I have heart trouble,and my heart doctor cleared me for the da Vince Robotic surgery. I had a mild heart-attack back in June of 1999. I take heart meds and warfrin a blood thinner so I don't foam any blood clots. I had a very fast recovery and doing great.
    You can email me at: jmm@jmmotw.com

JLM
  • sjs2371
    sjs2371 Member Posts: 6
    JLM said:

Yes, I have heart trouble,and my heart doctor cleared me for the da Vince Robotic surgery. I had a mild heart-attack back in June of 1999. I take heart meds and warfrin a blood thinner so I don't foam any blood clots. I had a very fast recovery and doing great.
    You can email me at: jmm@jmmotw.com

JLM

Similar conditions
    My husband had the robotic surgery today and is doing well. He had two stints put in and a pace maker in October so his heart was a big concern. The anthesiologist was well informed of his heart condition and tailored the meds to fit his condition and everything went perfect.