We made it!!! And Holland was waiting in her snowy white coat!!!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
YEA!!!!

You guys remember my tales of being bumped to Business Class the last 2 trips from LA to Amsterdam, right? Well, it happened again!!! We got the 'big' seats...

Seemed that there were so few business class people, and so many coach passengers, plus horses (I LOVE the idea of a flying horse...lol!) that the plane could not be balanced, so we couldn't take off till it was fixed. They tried moving luggage around, but to no avail...so, they moved we 'comfort zone' flyers to business class, the 3 business class folks to first class, and select coach people to the 'comfort zone' (more leg room, and the only place on a 747 where there are 2 seats in a row...).

The flight was great, the weather held, and when we touched down, there was sunshine welcoming us, along with patches of snow!!!

So, we are now settling in to our 'dutch' home...and I am getting a bit sleepy...We have already had our pea soup and the first bread of the visit (LOVE that bread!!!). mmmmm!

The stocking, BTW, was a GREAT success...my step daughter screamed when she saw it, and hugged me many, many times!

More later....Tot ziens!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Kathi?
    Did you have any Poffertjes?,,,,,,,,,, You were right about the reaction, she called in wednesday and I mentioned it , casually like... yeah.. She pronounced it like Sausages... she told me all about them and it made my mouth water, little sweet drop scone type things dipped hot in Icing sugar, Yum! Thanks Hun......... Have a great holiday season.......

Jxxxxx
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    My luck, they would have
    My luck, they would have bumped me to the holding area to make room for the Flying Horses in business class! I am so glad that it worked out ( again) for Hans and you!

I am glad that the stocking was a huge success; I could hear the squeals of all the way to Santa Ynez!

Glueckliches Neues Jahr! Bis Spaeter! Tschuss!

Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Woohoo Kathi, like Claudia,
    Woohoo Kathi, like Claudia, I would have been bumped to the horse's area to make them balance out the plane. LOL. Glad you trip went smoothly. It makes a world of difference (leg room) flying first or business over coach. I am so glad your step daughter liked her stocking. I thought I heard some squeals of delight all the way to NJ. Keep us posted. And, if I don't get to post before, wishing you and Hans a very Happy and healthy New Year. Hugs, Lili
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Woohoo Kathi, like Claudia,
    Woohoo Kathi, like Claudia, I would have been bumped to the horse's area to make them balance out the plane. LOL. Glad you trip went smoothly. It makes a world of difference (leg room) flying first or business over coach. I am so glad your step daughter liked her stocking. I thought I heard some squeals of delight all the way to NJ. Keep us posted. And, if I don't get to post before, wishing you and Hans a very Happy and healthy New Year. Hugs, Lili

And~~
    ~~we all await the pictures you will post on this lovely time in the "other home" you and Hans share. So glad you got "bumped"~~yipee!
    Melanie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

And~~
    ~~we all await the pictures you will post on this lovely time in the "other home" you and Hans share. So glad you got "bumped"~~yipee!
    Melanie

I'm with the others I would
    I'm with the others I would be put in the hold or bumped off the plane with a sorry, dear after we have the horses. Glad you had a great flight and arrived all safe and sound. Squeals of delight are a sure sign that a gift is loved. Have a wonderful time in Holland and take lots of pictures.
    Stef
  • KathiM
    Options
    My only question is.....
    So, which horse was I the 'counter balance' for???? Huh???? Hopefully a very petite filly...with plenty of fire in her heart!!!

Happy new year, my sisters...snow for Tuesday, they say!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Kathi?
    Did you have any Poffertjes?,,,,,,,,,, You were right about the reaction, she called in wednesday and I mentioned it , casually like... yeah.. She pronounced it like Sausages... she told me all about them and it made my mouth water, little sweet drop scone type things dipped hot in Icing sugar, Yum! Thanks Hun......... Have a great holiday season.......

Jxxxxx

And oliebollen....mmmm....
    If it comes up, I have my own cast iron poffertjes pan...mmmm...sooooooo bad for the health, but sooooo good for the MENTAL health!!! And the market in our town always has a poffertjes stall...mmmmmm....it's on the list for Thursday!

The canal outside our house is frozen, but not enough yet for skating...lol...but I'm lighting the candles!!!

Glad she was so pleased....

Hugs, Kathi
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Dutch Home
    Thanks for the update, Kathi. I always enjoy your travel posts. Like Melanie, I'm looking forward to the pics from the trip. Wishing you and Hans continued joy and good health and seat upgrades, horses or no.
  • KathiM
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Dutch Home
    Thanks for the update, Kathi. I always enjoy your travel posts. Like Melanie, I'm looking forward to the pics from the trip. Wishing you and Hans continued joy and good health and seat upgrades, horses or no.

I LOVE your new pic!!!
    LOOK at the HAIR!!!! YEA!!!!!

Pictures will follow, I just needed to charge the battery on the camera.

I wish you both a HEALTHY and happy new year, dearheart!!!!

Hugs, Kathi