Pain in my port area.............hellp!!

Angel_4_James
Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my port put in last Wednesday and today I went in they flushed it and and drew some blood. About three hours later I was at home and took off the bandaid and there was a sharp pain like a needle poking me. I had my hubby look at it and he could not see anything. So I went to sit down and I felt like a dozen needles poking me. This is on the outer side of the port. Any ideas on what is going on? I will call my doctor in the morning.

Blessing to all
Angel

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Port Pain
    Def notify ur doc. I workin surgery and yes have a port. Something similar with the needle sticks feeling. It's still healing and the nerve ending around it. that's what my doc told me, but as w everything, everyone's different. Glad ur seeing ur doc.
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    port
    I had my port put in, in Nov and at times i felt like i had something pulling me apart from the inside i had to sleep on 3 pillows but the pain does stop if it don't be sure to call your doctor and let them know might be something they will have to look at but it sound like you are healing. One thing for sure i can say is i love my port i have very bad veins, one stick does it all.
  • Angel_4_James
    Thank you
    Thank you for helping to ease my mind. My husband felt like it might be the nerves waking up. I took a pain pill and it has eased a lot. I was trying to get off of the pain pill and all I have taken was 2 tylenol this morning.........so it all makes since.

I am off to bed for sweet sleep..........I pray.
    Thank you all so much. I pray sweet sleep for you all too.
    Angel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Thank you
    Thank you for helping to ease my mind. My husband felt like it might be the nerves waking up. I took a pain pill and it has eased a lot. I was trying to get off of the pain pill and all I have taken was 2 tylenol this morning.........so it all makes since.

I am off to bed for sweet sleep..........I pray.
    Thank you all so much. I pray sweet sleep for you all too.
    Angel

I hope you are doing better
    I hope you are doing better now Angel! Happy New Year!
  • Angel_4_James
    DianeBC said:

I hope you are doing better
    I hope you are doing better now Angel! Happy New Year!

Thank you
    I am doing better...........if it starts to feel "needleish" I take some tylenol and that has helped. : ) Hope you have a Happy New Year too Diane!!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thank you
    I am doing better...........if it starts to feel "needleish" I take some tylenol and that has helped. : ) Hope you have a Happy New Year too Diane!!!

Glad you feel better Angel.
    Glad you feel better Angel. Happy New Year!

HUGS
  • Angel_4_James

Glad you feel better Angel.
    Glad you feel better Angel. Happy New Year!

HUGS

Feeling Much Better!! : )
    Thank you!!!

Happy New Year to you too!

Blessings and Hugs
    Angel
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Feeling Much Better!! : )
    Thank you!!!

Happy New Year to you too!

Blessings and Hugs
    Angel

Hi Angel, You might feel
    Hi Angel, You might feel from time to time different pain in the area and sometimes up the neck to. If I lift to much or use that side a lot I have some pain in the port area. I was told this was normal. Happy new year.