Holiday Greetings

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I hope that everyone is having a nice Christmas; eating lots of high calorie, delicious, fattening food and treats; and got the gifts or at least one of the gifts they wanted. Most importantly, I hope everyone is healthy for this one day to enjoy it with family and friends. I almost lost my mother this year and so this Christmas is very special to me in that she is here to share it with me.

Yesterday, I went to have another round of chemo and a dose of radiation. The place was very festive and filled with many treats, candy, cookies, cakes, it was incredible. Everyone was trying to hurry things along so that we could all get home before the Midwest got hit with a snow storm. My nurse, who is normally very good, missed the port access and struck the middle. I thought I had litterally been stabbed. The pain was something else. Another nurse had to come and fix it. Later my nurse also forgot to turn on the machine. We made jokes about it and laughed about it. I would later find out that due to the weather, my nurse would not be able to see her family for Christmas. I thought she was going to cry. We all consoled her. The ladies in the Radiation Department really surprised me. They made me an ornament. It has the symbol for breast cancer in the center. I was touched. Cancer, chemo, and all that it brings can be a downer. But, the whole time I was there, I kept thinking to myself, that if I had to spend a Christmas Eve getting chemo, I could not have been at a better place or with a better group of people.

There are bright moments in the midst of all the bad. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year.

P

Comments

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Mother
    give your mother a big hug from me.Have a Great Christmas.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    ladybug22 said:

Mother

Yes
    Enjoy your time with your Mom!!! I hope today brings very special memories!!!

Merry Christmas!!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Enjoy your time with your Mom
    this year and be good to yourself as you recoup this last chemo/rad round. Have a wonderful day today and I hope that blizzard isn't as back a predicted. Lola
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    ladybug22 said:

Mother

Happy Holidays!
    Happy Holidays!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Enjoy your time with your Mom
    this year and be good to yourself as you recoup this last chemo/rad round. Have a wonderful day today and I hope that blizzard isn't as back a predicted. Lola

Wishing you and your family
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday! Hug your Mom for me too!

Hugs, Diane ♥