Advanced warning, New challenge coming after New Years

tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Advanced warning, New challenge coming after New Years. So start thinking now where those pictures are. This one should be good for a few dozen laughs. You see I got to thinking (I heard that oh no Mooppy) Anyway I have noticed that a good many of us were teenagers in the 70's soooo....... Lets see all those Farrah Fawcett hair cuts. Big hair yep thats what I want to see.
We have seen how adorable we were as babies, how silly our parents made us look, now lets see how cool we thought we were, time is running out so get those pictures ready. Cause on January 3 is when the challenge begins.
Okay so the Moopster was right and it is a oh no event. However seeing as no one else will come up with challenges it is left to my wicked mind. lol
tj

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Oh No!
    I worry about you!............... I'll be there with my mullet style haircut.................You DARE laugh! Hugz Jzz
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    tasha_111 said:

Oh No!
    I worry about you!............... I'll be there with my mullet style haircut.................You DARE laugh! Hugz Jzz

I was a teen in the 60s when
    I was a teen in the 60s when the beehives and back combing (we called it ratting) was the way to go. I have two pictures that I must choose between. One is my high school graduation and the other is my 10th grade beehive with heavy eye makeup. After I graduated the hippie style of sleek and parted in the middle and minimal make up took over but those pictures are boring. The others are classic. I know where one is, but not sure about the other. I will start looking now.
    Tasha, a mullet, how cool. And I can't wait for all the Farrah girls. Very disco era. Do we have any 50s ponytail girls? Hope so. Maybe even with a poodle skirt. And I know that are some of you that had that fan of hair that had to be sprayed so it stood up like a cockatoos top feathers and the wavy, curly perms. Oh, yeah.
    This is fun, TJ. I love it. Great idea.
    Stef
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    fauxma said:

I was a teen in the 60s when
    I was a teen in the 60s when the beehives and back combing (we called it ratting) was the way to go. I have two pictures that I must choose between. One is my high school graduation and the other is my 10th grade beehive with heavy eye makeup. After I graduated the hippie style of sleek and parted in the middle and minimal make up took over but those pictures are boring. The others are classic. I know where one is, but not sure about the other. I will start looking now.
    Tasha, a mullet, how cool. And I can't wait for all the Farrah girls. Very disco era. Do we have any 50s ponytail girls? Hope so. Maybe even with a poodle skirt. And I know that are some of you that had that fan of hair that had to be sprayed so it stood up like a cockatoos top feathers and the wavy, curly perms. Oh, yeah.
    This is fun, TJ. I love it. Great idea.
    Stef

How fun!
    I love strolling down memory lane...those were the days! Full circle skirts with so many stiff petticoats...my school passed a rule against more than 2, because the halls were too narrow. LOL. I had a pony tail. And oh, how cool is this--we wore our cardigan sweaters buttoned up the back! Saddle shoes and bobby socks. Does anyone remember "pop beads'?
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

How fun!
    I love strolling down memory lane...those were the days! Full circle skirts with so many stiff petticoats...my school passed a rule against more than 2, because the halls were too narrow. LOL. I had a pony tail. And oh, how cool is this--we wore our cardigan sweaters buttoned up the back! Saddle shoes and bobby socks. Does anyone remember "pop beads'?

Yes, when I was in grade
    Yes, when I was in grade school they were all the rage. I had so many. I remember a babysitter that wore her sweaters backwards. When I was in my teens is was miniskirts and we had to kneel on the ground and if our skirts didn't touch the ground we had to go home and change. If our hair was too big, had to go and comb it out. The boys couldn't have hair that touched the collars of the their shirts, they had to keep their shirts tucked in and no tee shirts could be worn to school. One of my friends older sisters were teens in the late fifties and were very cool. Poodle skirts, ponytails, dad's old shirts, rolled up jeans, saddle shoes, penny loafers and their boy friends all had Elvis hair with that twisty curl in the front and the DA back. And one of them had the coolest hot rod. I think it is great that each generation had its trademark trends. When I was working at the middle schools, I loved to see all the different changes. And I have to say that I never was judgemental about them. It's just clothes and trends and styles change. I see now that the tight, tight jeans are coming back (this was popular when my daughter was in junior high). I remember her saying she would never were bell bottoms, but when that trend came, she embraced it. It will be fun to see who grew up in which era. Again, TJ thanks. Anyone remember bandstand skirts (black Aline, topstitched in white with four buttons on the front), worn with a white oxford shirt?
    Stef
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    fauxma said:

Yes, when I was in grade
    Yes, when I was in grade school they were all the rage. I had so many. I remember a babysitter that wore her sweaters backwards. When I was in my teens is was miniskirts and we had to kneel on the ground and if our skirts didn't touch the ground we had to go home and change. If our hair was too big, had to go and comb it out. The boys couldn't have hair that touched the collars of the their shirts, they had to keep their shirts tucked in and no tee shirts could be worn to school. One of my friends older sisters were teens in the late fifties and were very cool. Poodle skirts, ponytails, dad's old shirts, rolled up jeans, saddle shoes, penny loafers and their boy friends all had Elvis hair with that twisty curl in the front and the DA back. And one of them had the coolest hot rod. I think it is great that each generation had its trademark trends. When I was working at the middle schools, I loved to see all the different changes. And I have to say that I never was judgemental about them. It's just clothes and trends and styles change. I see now that the tight, tight jeans are coming back (this was popular when my daughter was in junior high). I remember her saying she would never were bell bottoms, but when that trend came, she embraced it. It will be fun to see who grew up in which era. Again, TJ thanks. Anyone remember bandstand skirts (black Aline, topstitched in white with four buttons on the front), worn with a white oxford shirt?
    Stef

Ok I admit it I started this
    Ok I admit it I started this and now I am lost. Bell bottems I remember, long stright hair parted down the middle I remember (sort of) Oh boy this should be fun,
    tj
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    My hair was too fine to have
    My hair was too fine to have the big hair. I did get a perm here or there but mostly just went straight. I don't think I have any suitable pictures.

Once I worked with a guy much younger and he came in one day with loafers but no pennies. I told him he better take them back because they were defective. He didn't get the joke and I had to explain it. Generation gap.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Marcia527 said:

My hair was too fine to have
    My hair was too fine to have the big hair. I did get a perm here or there but mostly just went straight. I don't think I have any suitable pictures.

Once I worked with a guy much younger and he came in one day with loafers but no pennies. I told him he better take them back because they were defective. He didn't get the joke and I had to explain it. Generation gap.

Any other 80s chicks out there?
    I was a teenager during the 80s, and I'm hoping to find enough pictures to treat all of you to a rotation of different looks.

Let's just say that my best friends during that period were my blowdryer, my gold-glitter mousse, and my lavender eyeshadow -- and all I wanted in life was for my hair to look like Madonna's in her "Lucky Star" video.

You have been warned.

:-) Traci
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    TraciInLA said:

Any other 80s chicks out there?
    I was a teenager during the 80s, and I'm hoping to find enough pictures to treat all of you to a rotation of different looks.

Let's just say that my best friends during that period were my blowdryer, my gold-glitter mousse, and my lavender eyeshadow -- and all I wanted in life was for my hair to look like Madonna's in her "Lucky Star" video.

You have been warned.

:-) Traci

☺ Oh Gawd ☻
    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Jeanne D said:

☺ Oh Gawd ☻
    Love, Jeanne ♥

I love that you are doing
    I love that you are doing this Tj. This one should be fun, or, should I say funny. haha

Angie
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Angie2U said:

I love that you are doing this Tj. This one should be fun, or, should I say funny. haha

Angie

To Marcia:
    I put dimes instead of pennies in my most recent pair of loafers. They do get attention from time to time, mostly from folks in my own generation. When the remark that there should be pennies, I tell them "because of inflatioin, the dimes are only worth a penny now".
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

To Marcia:
    I put dimes instead of pennies in my most recent pair of loafers. They do get attention from time to time, mostly from folks in my own generation. When the remark that there should be pennies, I tell them "because of inflatioin, the dimes are only worth a penny now".

I can't wait to see these
    I can't wait to see these pictures. LOL

Lex♥
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Oh jeez, this should be
    Oh jeez, this should be interesting. I was a teen in the 70's with of course long hair parted down the middle, mid drift bare and bell bottoms. LOL. Now, to look for those pictures. Laughing NOT allowed. LOL, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    tjhay said:

Ok I admit it I started this
    Ok I admit it I started this and now I am lost. Bell bottems I remember, long stright hair parted down the middle I remember (sort of) Oh boy this should be fun,
    tj

oh boy
    i had long strait parted down the middle hair. I will post one for sure TJ you have already seen this one.

I LOVE YOUR NEW PIC!!!

Hugs,

RE
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Angie2U said:

Angie

I love your new pic Tj!
    I love your new pic Tj! This should be fun to see all of the new pics posted.

Hugs!