? about Sentinal LN Biopsy after the fact

Cat64
Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok-I'll admit, I have been overdoing it with my left arm since my surgery on 11/30! Isn't that the first step? Admitting I have a problem? lol Today after some last-minute shopping, my arm pit area was more sore than usual. So, I felt around under there & there is a "ball" in that area. Is this normal? Or does that mean I have managed to get some fluid built up in there that needs to be drained? I only had 2 LN's removed. I have an appt. with my Onc. tomorrow, but not sure if he can help or do I need to contact my surgeon?
Cat

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Of course I wish I were the
    Of course I wish I were the definitive person to both ask and get the answer from, but I'm not! Dang!

I am sorry you have overdone it~ and I am thinking all things positive for you which means all things negative, if you know what I mean! Let us know, sweetie!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Hey sis Cat!
    I wish I could tell you for sure, but of course I'm not a doctor. It could just be scar tissue or fluid build up, or who knows (real helpful, aren't I?). Since you're going to your onco tomorrow I'd probably start there. If he thinks it's a question for your surgeon, maybe you can call together from the doc's office.

Let us know what you find out.
    Take care,
    Sis Cindy
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192

Hey sis Cat!
    I wish I could tell you for sure, but of course I'm not a doctor. It could just be scar tissue or fluid build up, or who knows (real helpful, aren't I?). Since you're going to your onco tomorrow I'd probably start there. If he thinks it's a question for your surgeon, maybe you can call together from the doc's office.

Let us know what you find out.
    Take care,
    Sis Cindy

Thanks
    Chen & SisC.....for umm...responding! Really-I do appreciate it. I'm going to try some ice I guess and see if that helps. My Onc. is only a few blocks away from my surgeon so I will call in the a.m. & see if I can stop by for him to check it. (wish me luck) I have a feeling my Onc. won't be able to help.
    Merry Christmas to you both!
    ♥ Cat
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Cat64 said:

Thanks
    Chen & SisC.....for umm...responding! Really-I do appreciate it. I'm going to try some ice I guess and see if that helps. My Onc. is only a few blocks away from my surgeon so I will call in the a.m. & see if I can stop by for him to check it. (wish me luck) I have a feeling my Onc. won't be able to help.
    Merry Christmas to you both!
    ♥ Cat

Fluid Build-up?
    It does sound like some fluid has built up in that area. I wondered if it's hot or inflamed? Red? If it is, you definitely should see your doctor asap, as you could have developed an infection. If it isn't hot or red/inflamed, then it's most likely lymph fluid, and your doctor will help you figure it out for sure.

Good luck!

Sandy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Fluid Build-up?
    It does sound like some fluid has built up in that area. I wondered if it's hot or inflamed? Red? If it is, you definitely should see your doctor asap, as you could have developed an infection. If it isn't hot or red/inflamed, then it's most likely lymph fluid, and your doctor will help you figure it out for sure.

Good luck!

Sandy

I don't know Cat. It would
    I don't know Cat. Let us know what your oncologist says. I hope it is something very simple for you. Good luck!

KYLEZ ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kylez said:

I don't know Cat. It would
    I don't know Cat. Let us know what your oncologist says. I hope it is something very simple for you. Good luck!

KYLEZ ♥

I don't know Cat. It might
    I don't know Cat. It might be fluid build up. Please be careful. Sending you hugs!