My last radiation is tomorrow!!

pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just wanted to share that my last radiation appointment is tomorrow! It's been a long journey with surgeries, chemo and 33 radiation treatments but I made it!

I've learned so much from all my sisters in pink and wish you all much joy, peace, health and happiness in 2010!

Love, Patti

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations, Patti, on
    Congratulations, Patti, on finishing the radiation treatments. Do you also have to take one of the "pills" for 5 years? The best of everything for you too in 2010 and beyond!! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!!
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Yeah for you Pattimc
    A joyous 2010
    Peace
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Lynda53 said:

Yeah for you Pattimc
    A joyous 2010
    Peace

Patti
    You could not ask for a better present than that.
    Congrats.

Margo
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Last One!!
    Good for you! I also wish you joy, peace, health and happiness in 2010.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Sher43009 said:

Last One!!
    Good for you! I also wish you joy, peace, health and happiness in 2010.

Wonderful that you are done
    Wonderful that you are done with radiation. Like an early Christmas present.
    Stef
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    YAHOOOO
    What a great way to start the New Year!!! Congrats!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Congratulations, Patti
    A huge accomplishment! And certainly not easy...

Wishing you lovely and celebratory holidays. And good health in the coming New Year, and always.

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • Maize
    Maize Member Posts: 76
    Congratulations and
    Best wishes... You made it through the storm. I wish you well and many years of calm and good excitement. Take care of yourself. I am so happy for you!

Maize
  • diane720
    diane720 Member Posts: 14
    YEAH!!!!
    Congratulations! I'm going through chemo now, but eventually finish with radiation after my surgery. Can't wait until its over for me. I'm happy for you. It must be so exciting! Many blessings... Diane
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Congratulations on finishing
    Congratulations on finishing radiation! Hip Hip Hooray to you!!! Happy Holidays and all good health and happiness in 2010!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    chenheart said:

Congratulations on finishing
    Congratulations on finishing radiation! Hip Hip Hooray to you!!! Happy Holidays and all good health and happiness in 2010!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Congrats Patti! Merry
    Congrats Patti! Merry Christmas!

Leeza
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    jnl said:

Congrats Patti! Merry
    Congrats Patti! Merry Christmas!

Leeza

Yay Patti!!!!
    I'm about 3 mos away from that glorious day, but am looking forward to it with a vengeance!
    How are you feeling? Tired? sore? any burning? Where did they radiate you? any advice for someone starting in about 2 mos from now?
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    What a big day!
    My techs were wonderful to me during my treatments and I was surprized by the surge of emotion when the last treatment was over. Some clinics like mine give certificates of completion. What a long journey you have been on!

Enjoy your holidays without medical appts.

Roseann
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Mama G said:

Yay Patti!!!!
    I'm about 3 mos away from that glorious day, but am looking forward to it with a vengeance!
    How are you feeling? Tired? sore? any burning? Where did they radiate you? any advice for someone starting in about 2 mos from now?

thanks
    For all your kind words! I just got back from my last treatment. I can't believe how emotional it was! I've become quite attached to my rad techs...they have been wonderful to me! Everyone was hugging and crying and they gave me a small cake. I've been so blessed to have them.

Mama G, I am feeling fine. I only started to have problems with my skin for the last week for which I am grateful. They've given me Biofine to use three times a day. I had been using just pure aloe gel before. Advice? Well, it wasn't nearly as bad as chemo. Very manageable. I worked through both chemo and radiation and only missed one day. You will get tired and sore, but the finish line makes it all worth while.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    roseann4 said:

What a big day!
    My techs were wonderful to me during my treatments and I was surprized by the surge of emotion when the last treatment was over. Some clinics like mine give certificates of completion. What a long journey you have been on!

Enjoy your holidays without medical appts.

Roseann

Congrats Patti!
    Lex♥

Congrats Patti!

Lex♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Alexis F said:

Congrats Patti!
    Lex♥

Congrats Patti!

Lex♥

Congratulations you must be
    Congratulations you must be so elated! Happy and healthy New year to you ! you crossed the finish line!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Good for you.
    I am so happy for you.And you will be done before christmas and the New Year.I have 9 more and I am done.Good luck to you.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Congrats!
    Congrats on a well fought battle! I'm almost halfway myself!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    pattimc said:

thanks
    For all your kind words! I just got back from my last treatment. I can't believe how emotional it was! I've become quite attached to my rad techs...they have been wonderful to me! Everyone was hugging and crying and they gave me a small cake. I've been so blessed to have them.

Mama G, I am feeling fine. I only started to have problems with my skin for the last week for which I am grateful. They've given me Biofine to use three times a day. I had been using just pure aloe gel before. Advice? Well, it wasn't nearly as bad as chemo. Very manageable. I worked through both chemo and radiation and only missed one day. You will get tired and sore, but the finish line makes it all worth while.

Last Rads Today
    Patti, congratulations on completing that last radiation treatment earlier today! Now you can focus on enjoying Christmas and beginning a wonderful new year.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jbug said:

Congrats!
    Congrats on a well fought battle! I'm almost halfway myself!

You did it!
    Congrats on finishing rads! That is huge! You did great!

Sue :)